Blizzard: Diablo III to arrive in early 2012

By Shawn Knight
Sep 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Blizzard Entertainment has announced that Diablo III will not ship until early 2012, narrowly missing the lucrative holiday season and forcing anxious fans of the franchise to wait even longer…

Read the whole story
  2. Mudvayne819

Mudvayne819 Newcomer, in training Posts: 41

Y U NO RELEASE THIS YEAR BLIZZARD!!!!?!?!?!
  3. Y U No learn ENGLISH FIRST Mudvayne819!!!!!?!?!?!
  4. Issun

Issun Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

It was obviously a reference to the meme...
  5. RH00D

RH00D TechSpot Booster Posts: 385   +96

It's kind of funny when someone fails to recognize a meme and tries to diss someone over it, thinking that they genuinely were illiterate or whatever the meme may have implied about the person posting.

Anyways, I'm still checking my inbox for that message from Blizzard with a key. I missed the SC2 beta so I'm hoping I'll get in this one. Hopefully they will ensure that people who missed SC2 beta will be more likely to get in this one. :D
  6. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Good for them. Wait till the game is done, the fans will understand and appreciate it.

I sincerely wish more companies would wait until a game is done, rather than stick to some artificial release schedule, which always results in a bug ridden release.
  7. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,648   +51

every blizzard title has been released full of bugs, diablo 2 would unexpectedly go down for days in its first year. sc2 had no game chat, wow had no pvp bonuses among countless empty buildings showing a 75% made game. Go ahead and release diablo 3 early with bugs and patch them out as you go along. For those who want a perfect game pretend it has not come out and then buy it when you think its up to your personal par.

How long its taken blizzard to make a sequel for diablo 2 will always be a black mark on there record. It was game of the year why did they wait a decade to make a sequel. Sure the diablo 2 team is no longer with them but thats there own fault.
  8. I would say this why it took them so long.

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos 2002
    Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne 2003
    World of Warcraft 2004
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade 2007
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King 2008
    StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty 2010
  9. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 803   +201

Make us wait and make it great.
  10. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Oh boy, I can't wait to play a singleplayer game with all the downsides of a multiplayer game.
  11. NoTTaShoT

NoTTaShoT Newcomer, in training Posts: 54

I was really excited about it until they made it so you have to be online to play...by yourself.

12. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,648   +51

I agree they should use there old system where you can play offline but your offline character cant play closed battlenet, companies cant seem to stop pirates from getting single player so whats the point?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.