Blizzard makes tough decision to cancel next-gen MMO 'Project Titan'

By Shawn Knight
Sep 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Blizzard has dealt gamers some bad news as its mysterious next-generation massively multiplayer game known only as Project Titan has officially been canceled.

Read more
  2. Movatheaiur

Movatheaiur TS Rookie Posts: 28   +7

Seven years of vaporware cost them $200 million but it's ok, they make that back in one month with Hearthstone.

R.I.P. Project DestinyTitan.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Project No Destiny
    H3llion likes this.
  4. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 632   +163

"...they canceled StarCraft Ghost but doing so has always resulted in better-quality work."

Better work?! Like they did with Diablo 3?!
    D3 launched in 2012 and just a month or 2 ago they finally patched it to a state where its close to competing with D2 in terms of loot&gem quality.
    Other than that with gameplay and gear variety and build choice the game is bland and not the same quality as D2.

I'm not sure what these guys mean with quality work, maybe because we grew up with games and expect the games to evolve as we grow up and keep pace us older gamers expect too much?
  5. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

War3 d2, those were the days my friend
  6. TechGamer

TechGamer TS Addict Posts: 365   +38

arent u forgeting wow tbc and wotlk :(?
    MilwaukeeMike and H3llion like this.
  7. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,436   +592

Cataclysm and Mists were yawns compared to Burning Crusade and the god of all expansions, Wrath of the Lich King. With WoW still doing quite well and people excited about another 10 level expansion, they would only be doing battle with themselves.
    Warlords looks to be legit.
    H3llion likes this.
  8. Well... at least blizzard does address issues, maybe late but does try and fix them... unlike EA.
    davislane1 likes this.
  9. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Addict Posts: 439   +84

I agree with Blizzard in one thing. And that is that if they do not have a passion for the game they will not make it.
  10. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

wow tbc wotlk were good, but d2 and war3 were like liquid diamonds
  11. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Addict Posts: 294   +58

I really liked Cataclysm more than wotlk, maybe it was due to the fact that I actually raided Deathwing.

Sad that I stopped at hard mode.
  12. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

I think we liked tbc because it was the first expansion and brought many of the things we loved about expansions (like piles of new gear with tons of stats). But it was also before the group finder was around, and that was rough.

I'm not really bummed about Titan... I wasn't planning on playing it, but I was very curious to see what Blizz could do with an MMO they built from the ground up after learning so many lessons from WoW. They probably tried to make it as big and comprehensive as WoW and it lead to exponential scope creep.
    treetops likes this.
  13. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how true it is, but I was thinking it. Makes you wonder if Blizzard will survive, if they ever suffer a selfesteem hit from their current game series dying. But then again that may be what it takes, to get them motivated and hyped for the creation of a new game title.