Blocked websites how to get to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

acefsj

So all of our computers at work run off a server and they have blocked out all the good websites does anybody know if thier is a way to still get to them

that's a security breach and the Network manager is protecting the company resources.

If they've done it right, there is no circumvention. if you do -- you could be fired.

caveat emptor; play by the rules and keep your job :)

It can be done and you need to know someone in the IT desktop support more like IT server group. But I think one of your network engineers who runs and monitor the BlueCoat Web Security box has a good list of what sites to be blocked. You should be careful not to access these sites while being block as you'll get put on a list. You might get told to see your manager. Don't let that happen. Just do your work and then go home and get on the internet and go check those sites of interest you had wanted to do at work so bady! This way no need to worry about your job state.

My college people did ban social networking sites. I accessed them using tinyurl.com but my college does not care much about blocking to be honest each & every computer branch student accesses facebook,youtube etc. They have seen us breaking the rules but they did nothing ;)

Proxy servers work assuming that your network admin hasn't blocked them too! Try Vtunnel. Make sure you type https and there is no www

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back