TechSpot

Blogger is most reliable blogging service, Tumblr the worst

By Emil
Dec 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Many choose to use a blogging service so that they do not have to bother setting up hosting for their content. That being said, not all blogging services are very reliable, according to a recent survey conducted by Royal Pingdom, which tested the five most popular ones: Blogger, WordPress.com, Typepad, Tumblr, and Posterous.

Read the whole story
  2. be_patient

be_patient TS Rookie Posts: 105

I'm not suprised Blogger came out on top, but am very suprised to see how much downtime Tumbl had. Wow.
  3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Blogging has gone down quite a bit over the last years but it's a shame that even with the decrease of use & traffic Tumblr still has troubles having a proper reliability. :-/

& Blogger is part of Google & with all their data-center power behind it, it's no surprise that it's so reliable.
  4. db119

db119 TS Rookie

Personally I just prefer Wordpress all around because of all the plugins and capabilities that people develop for it. But as far as up-time is concerned I imagine blogger would be best based on Google owning it as Didou said. I guess this only get serious if you end up having a seriously traffic'd blog.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.