Blogger is most reliable blogging service, Tumblr the worst

By Emil
Dec 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Many choose to use a blogging service so that they do not have to bother setting up hosting for their content. That being said, not all blogging services are very reliable, according to a recent survey conducted by Royal Pingdom, which tested the five most popular ones: Blogger,, Typepad, Tumblr, and Posterous.

Read the whole story
  2. be_patient

be_patient TS Rookie Posts: 103

I'm not suprised Blogger came out on top, but am very suprised to see how much downtime Tumbl had. Wow.
  3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Blogging has gone down quite a bit over the last years but it's a shame that even with the decrease of use & traffic Tumblr still has troubles having a proper reliability. :-/

& Blogger is part of Google & with all their data-center power behind it, it's no surprise that it's so reliable.
  4. db119

db119 TS Rookie

Personally I just prefer Wordpress all around because of all the plugins and capabilities that people develop for it. But as far as up-time is concerned I imagine blogger would be best based on Google owning it as Didou said. I guess this only get serious if you end up having a seriously traffic'd blog.