Blue dots everywhere - 8800GTX Messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainmk

I updated to the latest 180.xx drivers about a week or so ago and now after a week or so of playing GTA IV I'm starting to recieve some significant and incredibly annoying problems.

The problem first started off yesterday with some of my games starting to ocasionally freeze like COD4, which have never frozen before. The games would freeze, and after I attempted to close them the whole screen would eventually freeze, forcing me to restart the whole system.

Now today, I can't even use the main operating system properly. I have blue dots everywhere and the whole screen ocassionally messes up when I try to scroll down inside windows or move windows around. Sometimes it takes me multiple restarts to actually get logged in because of the whole display, it gets bloody annoying.

This all happened so suddenly. Two days ago everything seemed to be working fine and I would be able to play GTA IV and COD4 smoothly with little or no problems. It's only yesterday and today that my graphics card seems to have freaked up, and I'm started to panick.

I'm trying to roll back drivers, but due to the display issue I cannot get into control panel properly. So first of all can anyone let me know how to disable the nvidia drivers through the BIOS? or the advanced menu which you can access when you boot the computer?

Also, is there any way to fix this driver problem? Will I have to replace my 8800GTX? I bought it from overclockers at the OEM price. Please see attached picture for a visual represenation of the problem!

Attachments

• DSC01583.jpg
    DSC01583.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
Update: I managed to uninstall the new nvidia driver using safe mode and I installed a much older 169.xx version and I STILL get the problem with the blue dots!!!?

So it's definitely my graphics card which has developed a fault then? Someone please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back