Blue error screen - ALCXWDM.SYS, Stack-Based Buffer, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I will describe my problem.... 2 weeks ago first blue screen error apear.
It sad: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS OR EQUAL and some file has been written ALCXWDM.SYS!

Later i find out that this have some conections with my sound card. I thouth that my driver is too old and I uptade my driver. I installed Realtek AC 97 4.06!

But after couple of days there it was another message- again ALCXWDM.SYS! I was mad and I decided that I can live without my sound soI go in search and find ALCXWDM.SYS and delete it.

My computer was working just fine till 4 days ago when that new blue screen error message apear. It sad: Stack-Based Buffer over flow! I tell myself ok maybe this error cause sound error! I search internet and find out that Stack- Based Buffer error means that I have attacker in my system like spyware!!!!! I emidiately burn all music, pictures, and videos from my computer to cds, dvds. And for past 4 days this 2 blue screen error apears randomly and whatever I do on computer till yesterday morning when appear new mesage: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I search forums for answer and read post from some guy named howard_hopkinso! He says that Ram memory is cause of all errors. There is some conection betwean ram memory cause and my case becouse I upgrade 1 GB ram memory 3 months ago. But I am suspicious about that becouse there are some time space betwean my ram memory upgrade and blue screen errors!!

Anyway my computer is old and it goes to garbage for 6-7 months but I would like to have some fun till then!

And I cant crush my windows becouse I have installed Windows office 2007 ORIGINAL full edition, and instalation cds my dad took back to his firm. And I have some other original full edition programs which I havent anymore!

My computer specifications are:
Intel processor- 2.02 GHz
Graphic card- ATI RADEON 9000 Family (128 Mb)
Mother board- Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra
Ram memory type- DDR 1
Ram size- 1256 Mb (before upgrade 256 Mb)!

And I decided to join this forum becouse I think here are some smart guys who can help me.

What cause this errors!!!!!!!!!???????????? Is that a virus??!! Is ram memory issue!!?? Help please....

I have AVG 8.5 antivirus softaware original.
Firewall--> Inovative startup firewall
TweakNow PowerPack 2009---> registry cleaner, system specifications...

OS Informations:

Edition--> Microsoft Windows XP
Service Pack--> Service Pack 3
Version--> 5.1
Country-->Croatia
Time Zone--> CET

OS Components:

DirectX Version 9.0 c

And external devices:

CannonScanner with driver CanoScan Toolbox 4.9
Printer Epson C42 with Epson software
Burner(I dont know word for that) with Nero 7 Ultra Edition software

Run memtest on your RAM. Read this link and follow the instructions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better.. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Ok, I run memtest, it was runing 2 days and 21 pass(2000 percent) and nothing, not a single one error. Then I go search net again and I find out that system problem can couse blue scrren error. Then I install registry easy 5.6 (full edition) and there was 1600 problems and I fix them all, and blue screen again appears. Then I install DriverScanner 2009 and scan my drivers and I find out 5 of mine drivers have been not up to date. Then I updated all my drivers. But blue screen appears again. HELP!!!!

And I get some new message, hahaha, its so bad that must be funny, some small memory dump..... If you have any solution to stop that blue screen errors, I dont need to repair actuall problem I would just like to get rid of that tool which cause total stop.

I know that I am boring with this problem, but I read something from that guy from other forum. He saya that these errors could be caused by some programme in my system. Is it possible that this is not hardware issue? I am confused. In event viewer errors are there but some stupid NtpClient and number 0x80072751..... But that error is related with internet connection as it sad in description. But in fact, internet connection is only thing on my computer which work properly...

* Vepar, if you need to reach me you can simply use the Private Message.

Do the following:

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five minidumps per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I didnt come here for a while, but that is becouse school year start. I have new informations that can help. It seams to me that minidumps are caused by one application which is called
W32Time! In event vieweru there is only that error with error ID 29 and 17! It si obvius that my computer work this 2 months from my last posting and those bluescreen errors still appears. Can anyone help me? Please

but to send private messages I need to have a quite number of posts, but I dont. As you can see, I am not some technician but I already do that stuff with my computer >c drives...... i FIND NOTHING, but I can do that again, and I will becouse there is past some time from my previous post. I tell you, this errors doesent harm my system and dont disturb me in some work but those errors are annoying. Thank you for help, keep posting some good advices here. If you can of course. I will come back with results.

So if I understand you correctly you are still getting BSODs, correct? When you get the Blue Screens does it give error codes and if so what are they?

oh, by now, they give me all kinds of messages. ALCXWDM.SYS, NTSF.SYS, some-klkd or something.SYS, memory dump, small memory dump, every time diffirent. You ask yourself why I simply dont reinstall windows? Becouse I install original office, and its expensive, and I must return that cd.s to my fathers company. And of course, office is on hard disk c where it is windows. I already wrote down here specifications, and these blue screen errors does appear every several days. Its not that often you know, but it does disturb. And I install everest. I go in event viewer and find only a couple of hundred warnings/errors (they are same).

1. Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16876, faulting module flash10c.ocx, version 10.0.32.18, fault address______ some number--> error Id 1000

2. Fault bucket 1505636141.--> error Id 1001

3.Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16915, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.--> error Id 1002 (I noticed that some of these nubmers -0x00000000... are same numbers from blue screen when it appear)

4.The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.--> error Id 7

5.Google update--> error Id doesent exist (a lot of these errors)

6.IdeChnDr-The device, \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP1T0L0, did not respond within the timeout period.--> error Id 9

7. Schedule-The At2.job command failed to start due to the following error:
%%2147942402--> error Id 7901

8.Userenv-Windows saved user ________->(This user is me) registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.
This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.--> warning id 1517

9.Userenv-Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.--> warning Id 1524

10.W32Time-Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually
configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15
minutes.
The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)--> error Id 17

11.W32Time-The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more
time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible.
No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes.
NtpClient has no source of accurate time.--> Error Id 29

12.Windows update agent-Unable to Connect: Windows is unable to connect to the automatic updates service and therefore cannot download and install updates according to the set schedule. Windows will continue to try to establish a connection.--> error Id 16, chategory 6

W32Time--> error code 17, 29

that is that, these 12 errors are my problem and on the bottom is the one on which I think that is most dangerous- W32Time.

ALCXWDM.SYS is an onboard RealTech audio driver. Go to your motherboard's website andd update the latest drivers for your make and model. Do not go to RealTech.

Does this bring stability?

Man, you dont get it do you? I thought that you are some guy who can help me with your knowledge. But I am definetly sure that you have not a clue whats going on on my computer. This file alcxwdm.sys is only one system file in a row, that system file is infected!!!!! Some one, some virus, want to get in my computer, spend my Internet money, control my system. I have weak antivirus! Applications are problem. I install ORIGINAL Registry easy, and Driver scanner 2009 man!!!!! Please come to me with something usefull, I am sorry for my rudness but you know, I am nervous!!!!!! Internet explorer is broking, google, **** everything.

No, you are most definitely NOT sorry for your rudeness because you went straight ahead and did it anyway.

First of all you have the audacity to complain but never mention once that you are infected, have a weak antivirus, etc. and then moan and groan because someone is trying to help you?! Am I perfect? In no way, but I have helped quite a few people here as have many solid people who are steady contributors and I'll be the first to admit many know more than I do.

It has been over two whole months between your last post and this latest ones with barely any information to go on, no minidumps and partial hardware specs. Seriously Vepar you gave little information to go on and truth be told it sometimes takes considerable effort and trial and error to figure out PC problems.

If you know you are infected why in the world didn't you mention it? What are we, mind readers? If you would have told me this extremely important piece of information I could have steered you in a whole total different direction.

I'm done with this thread. Someone else can come along and try to help you. I will no longer read any responses you may give to this thread.

and no, yesterday I update all of my drivers (I scan with driver scanner) and I clean up my registry and remove internet explorer from computer........ Now, I have only mozila.

Yes route 44 made his point. You are apsolutely right and I apologise. But I noticed that this subject have a lot of views so I will keep this topic open but I will not come here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back