TechSpot

Blue Page: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA

By astuckey
Jan 30, 2007
  1. Hey Folks,

I get the good old blue screen when running a video editing software STUDIO 10.7

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA

I have a nice new Dell Inspiron 6400 with dual Intel T2050 1.60GHz CPUs, 1GB of RAM. I not sure on how to post the message but I try somehow.

Can someone please help me with this???

I thank you all in advance. *dmp file is attached*

Adrian

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump crashes at HSFHWAZL.sys. This is your 56k modem driver.

If you don`t use a 56k modem, uninstall it. If you do use it, check for any updated drivers. See HERE for info.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. astuckey

astuckey TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey Howard, I went to the device manager and uninstalled the 56K modem. The program now run a little bit longer (about 15sec) before giving me another BSOD - same PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA error...

I will post the new Dump File in a few...

Thanks for your help so far!

Adrian

Forgot to ask if there was another way to uninstall the modem...I can't pull it out, cause its a laptop...Can I disable it not to start or not to be "on"???

Adrian

Here are my newes DUMP files, if you can take a look at them.

THanks,
    Adrian

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Both minidumps crash at ialmdev5.DLL. This is your Intel graphics driver. Try updating the driver and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.