Blue Screen 0x000000050 Windows 64-bit (now with minidump files)

Pirhos

Greetings, well my pc keeps shutting down. Blue screen 0x000000050. I bought a new radeon hd 6950 and 8g of ram memory last week. The blue appeared before that. I thought it was the video card, that s why I changed it. But the problem is still there. The memory s fine. I checked it. There s no dust. I have a 750 power supply. I tried everything I know of. Here s my minidump, hoping you guys can help me.

Thanks

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    131.8 KB · Views: 2
Internet ?

Well it never crashes when I m in save mode. It never crashes when I turn off the internet. Well it didn t crash for 3 hours straight. When I m on the internet, facebook, etc. It crashes after 5 to 10 minutes. So maybe this will help figuring this thing out, hopefully :)

Thanks again guys for helping me.

Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Hi, I ve been testing the ram all night long. It s now at pass 3 test 8. The top % bar is at 100% And seems to be stuck there. It s been 10 hours and it s only at pass3. Is this normal? So far there s no error in the 3 first pass. .

No error

Hi, I ve been testing with memtest for 20 hours. I did all the 7 passes and not even 1 error. I talked with the tech at my school. He said that it might be my bios that needs an update or something like this or the compatibility between my motherboard and the ram I bought. What do you think I should do next ?

Well for it to hang like that isn't the norm at all. The tech at your school could be correct. We've lost count the number of issues between motherboard and RAM compatibility.

Do this next: Find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

can't

Well my ram is 1,8V but I can t find anywhere anything about voltage in my bios. I tried looking for newer version for my bios, but I can't find any. I tried to find out with cpuz, but I don t think I ve seen any information about this so far. I ve read on Hp forum's that someone had the same exact problem as me. He said that he removed 2 bars and it worked. So for now I removed 4g and will run with the other 4 for a while and see if it crashes. I m thinking about buying a new pc if I can t fix this one... I m a student in 3d design and animation and 8g of ram is the minimum to work and I can t get more with this motherboard. So if I can t even have 8... I guess I should buy a new pc or a motherboard or something... no idea what to do next lol...

HP. Dell, etc. limit the access to the BIOS and thus trying to find the voltage is most difficult and most often not doable.

If you want to build a system do you have a budget?

Well it s been almost 4 hours and no crash yet. It looks like removing 2 bar worked so far. I have no idea why, as soon as I put back the 2 bar it crashes again lol. This is weird. There's 3 more weeks to my semester, I think I ll try to get around 1200$ to buy a new pc this summer. This is probably the maximum cash I can invest... I already have a 22 inch screen and a radeon hd 6950. So I just need the rest. I want a board which can handle more then 24g of ram, but at start 8 or 16 will be ok I think. It s only my 1rst year so far and I m starting compositing only next winter. Thanks for your help, it s not like we didn t try :)

Fred

btw sorry for my bad english, I m from Montreal and I speak french.

Your English is quite fine. :) We can help you here under our General Hardware section when the time comes for your new purchase/build. You can build yourself a very nice system for $1200.

Personally I would forgo 24 gigs of RAM and get less and put the money towards at least a 6 core processor. Both Intel and AMD will be having new releases later this year.

As for running with less RAM in your current system we see this all the time. Some Motherboards only like certain memory configurations. It seems it doesn't like 8 gigs.

Back