Blue Screen 0x0000007e

By Lithium Flower
Sep 13, 2008
  1. Hi, I am getting random BSODs with the above error.

Am attaching my minidump file. Could someone knowledgeable please identify what could have caused it?

Also, I would be grateful if someone could be give directions to reading mini-dump files and identifying errors myself (if its not too complicated).

Thank you for your help, in advance!
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

This means a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

* The driver cited was a Windows core driver which is too general to help.

* Because this error can be due to many causes and since we don't have any solid information to lend direction I call your attention to this link and encourage you to read and follow the advice and steps given. It will certainly give direction.

Let us know if you have or have not resolved your issue(s).
  3. Lithium Flower

Lithium Flower TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ah thanks. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to when it happens again and see if I can isolate the cause. Thanks for your help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.