Blue Screen at Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dell Studio XPS 1640 has been giving my problems lately on startup and I can't figure out which driver it is or if it even is a driver problem. At startup i get the blue screen. When i start it in safe mode then restarted in normal mode it then starts up without blue screen. but if i just restart my laptop normally i get blue screen. I have attached screen shots and mini dump files. If you can please help I have tried everything. My gut feeling is its the shareport driver from Dlink, but I am not sure. PLEASE HELP !!!

You are running Vista sp2. Your errors are 0xA.
The WinDbg report is pointing to ntoskrnl.exe, and saying this is a Vista Driver Error. DLink is not present in the report.

This Stop message (0xA) is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Possible Resolutions:
  • A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.
  • A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware.

If you have recently added hardware or software, these would be the places to start looking.

Was the DLink device the last added hardware, with no problems prior and problems beginning immediately after?
Did you interrupt a Windows Update prior to these problems starting?
Are you running with firewall and av software?
Do you use filesharing/P2P software (Torrent/Limewire/etc)?

More details about the circumstances regarding the onset of your problems would be helpful.

It might also help to move your thread to the BSOD section, with a little more information in the thread title.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back