Blue screen, can't get in Windows, can't boot disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric2010

Sorry if I didn't post it right, I was too crazy to update the bio with out save setting ,and my computer can't get in to windows, so I can't run any test software for it, it came with blue screen with stop: 0x00000050 when I try to run normal, if I try to use win7 fix, it's another msg, even I try to boot the win7 disc, it's not allow, must be something wrong with the bio and the hareware, please give me a hand, I really do need help from you experts, asus and corsair keep pushing problem to the other.
I even try to use only single ram, it's not work too, and the bio say the ram is not stable.

cpu:intel e6750
video card: bfg-nvidia 8800gtx SLI
ram: corsair cm2x2048-6400 c5 (2x2gb) timing:5-5-5-12 v1.9
cm2x2048-6400 c4dhx(2x2gb timing:4-4-4-12 v2.1
motherboard: asus striker II formula.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    72.9 KB · Views: 2
Corsair and Asus have been having some serious compatibility issues lately. You are not the first to report problems between the newer Asus motherboards and Corsair RAM.

I'll attempt to read your minidumps. It would be helpful if you could tell us how long this has been going on.

Update:

One file was unreadable duee to corruption but this is not an uncommon occurrance.

The other three were the same error 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

They only listed Windows drivers as the probable cause and these drivers are too general to be of much help. You can still run Memtest on your RAM. It engages almost immeduately after the boot-up. Have you ever run this test before?

thank for your help, i been use it for over a year with no problem, but since i update the bio from 1101 to 2201, the problem began(apr 21).
no i did not try to use memtest, i will try it tomorrow.
and i try to boot win7 with no hard drive or new hard drive, same problem happen.
i think is the ram problem too, but will it be any possible cpu or video card problem?

The first thing that throws up a red flag for me is the BIOS upgrade. You weren't having these issues prior, correct?

yes, i had the problem immediately atfer i update the bio using asus update software 2201, but even i clear cmos and update it back to 1101, problem still.

Did you let Asus (especially Asus) and Corsair know this information that the peoblems started with the BIOS upgrade?

It appears this issue is far more Asus' problem than Corsair's.

asus tech said it's because the bio does not recognize the ram, so they ask me to call corsair and ask for bio setup for they're ram, and corsair refuse to do that, cause they said if only one ram in still not work, it must not be the rams problem, and they state both type of my ram are tested with striker II formula motherboard.

Asus and Corsair are BOTH wrong in the way they are handling this especially Asus. Asus needs to correct this, but Corsair is no saint that is for sure.

How old is your motherboard and RAM?

If it is less than a year old then tell Asus you want a refund or another motherboard; same thing with Corsair. Since their RAM is not working in pairs and you can't get it to work in pairs then you want an exchange. They should provide lifetime warrenty.

i flash to 1101 bio and clear cmos with the on board bettery out, it work now, still not stable, but work.thank for helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back