Blue screen Dell computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

necee99

Hello guys,

I need some help please! Someone, Anyone!!!
My Dell dimension 3000, os windows xp home edition, was having this anti virus software pop up all of a sudden, it seemed like it was a virus b/c it was not original to windows. I could not delete it so I restored my computer to factory settings. the problem seemed to be gone, until the blue screen of death error occured. I just restarted the computer not paying much attention. windows started up fine the first time. then it asked to update at shutdown 1 of 26 automatic updates. It finished then the Blue screen of death started without let up. I cannot get past it. not even in safemode. it says check memory and update bios settings. the error is 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x8050FD91, 0xF896E50C, 0xF896E208) I cannot get past this error. I don't know what to do, please help.

I don't know if this will help but months ago i install 512 ram and removed my 256 original ram, but i did not have any problems from it. now i can't find the 256 ram i removed. could this be the problem?

I ran some type of test on it from the Bios menu to check all hardware. it said all was working. i don't know what to do now.

Is there anyway i can just install another os on it the fix it some kind of way?

Hi

BSOD's can be difficult to work out, can you re run the restore and see if the error occurs again.

no i cant re run the restore b/c i cannot get pass the bsod, not even into safe mode, i will not even show the windows starting screen...

yes they do, that is what i did when i first start having the problem and it restored fine. i have tried it since then and it say keyboard failure and do i want to start up windows in safemode. which i cant get into.

in other bsod's that you have dealt with, can I just install a new os and get into windows and fix bugs or problems that way. will that work? what do you usually do when all else fails with bsod?

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

i don't think i can do that b/c i cannot get into windows to download anything from that computer. the blue screen said it tried to write to the read only memory. could my ROM have failed? if it would help i can type you exactly everything the screen says.

Issue Solved!!!

I was able to solve the problem by getting a windows home xp re install cd and repaired it. it worked with no problems after i reinstalled windows. its still running a little slower than before the crash. any suggestions on that? now i can help someone else with this problem. I was able to go in and remove the virus, it had a trojan virus. i installed mcafee antivirus. i see where it blocked some other trojans that tried to enter my computer without me even going to any website, just by being connected to net. do you have anyother suggestions for my situation?

I suggest, you start new topic in "Virus and Malware Removal" forum, so we can make sure, your computer is clean.

yes. i have already done that. waiting on bobbye to reply back with my results from the combo fix, hijack this, and eset programs. he says i still have a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back