Blue Screen during WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

30CALIB3R

Hi, I would like to say thank you in advance for anyone that helps me. It really means a lot. Anyways, I've been having a problem lately with World of Warcraft. Whenever I try and "Enter World" and load the game, it'll get past the loading bar, but once I see the starting zone, it'll go straight to blue screen (with automatic restart turned off of course). Unfortunately, it doesn't give an error message on the blue screen.

The reason I'm posting this here and not on the WoW forums, is that I believe it has something to do with the hardware. I know for sure that my computer meets and exceeds the minimum requirements to run the game. And I remember at a time that I've played WoW on this computer before. I recently just bought more RAM (replaced the old) and now I have 1 gig of RAM.

My current specs are:
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (Single Core)
1 gig of RAM
Ati Radeon 9550 (agp)
Windows XP

I thought replacing the RAM would solve the problem because the old RAM was almost 6 years old! Other things I have tried are chkdsk/defrag and updating the video card drivers (all others were up to date).

The error that pops up at restart is:
BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

I also included the minidumps. Thank you.

ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+11a5c8 ) identified as cause

This is Part of your ATI Vcard Software.

Probably corrupted drivers or faulting Video Card Hardware.

Run a Diskcheck on your system harddrive: start > run > Type "chkdsk c: /f" (without quotes) and type "y" to accept check at boot time. reboot your system and allow the diskcheck to run.

Make sure your system is defragmented. Uninstall the Ati drivers, allow restart and reinstall updated drivers.

If theres still a problem: remove the ati drivers and software and let windows install basic windows driver for the card. see is your game works ok with windows drivers, if it does. then you should try a different graphics card if you can obtain one without having to buy one.

If a different card works fine then you have faulty ATI card.
(I recommend NVIDIA graphics cards)

You could also try to reinstall your game. and make sure you have the latest DirectX (you can download free from microsoft) drivers installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back