Blue Screen dxgmms1.sys & sisgb6.sys 3-4 times a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I am getting sick of this problem that I have put up with for quite some time.

I keep getting the same two errors, "sisgb6.sys" and "dxgmms1.sys"

If anyone could tell me what it is/how to fix it, I would greatfully appreciate it.

Thanks alot, Soldan.

P.S I have attached the minidumps from today, so far, 5.

Attachments

• minidumps 6.10.2010.zip
    172.3 KB · Views: 1
Three errors are 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers.

In all three the NDIS 6.0 Miniport Driver SiSGB6.sys for SiS191/SiS190 Ethernet Device was cited as the cause of your crashes.

If this is a prebuilt system go to the manufacture's website, find your exact PC model and update your ethernet/wireless/NIC drivers.

If this is built by you, a friend, or a third party vendor like a local PC shop then find the make of your motherboard and the model. Go to the manufacture's website and look up your motherboard. Update your ethernet/wireless/NIC drivers.

Aha! Thank you very much. It is a premade computer, Acer Aspire SA90 (Yes, I know :/) and it came with Windows Vista. I put Windows 7 on it. But, it seems that the drivers are for Vista and I am not sure if I should install them on the Windows 7?

When I installed Windows 7, I didn't have to install any drivers (resolution was fine, audio working, internet, etc). But I did install my Nvidia drivers anyway.

Any ideas?

EDIT - It also turns out that the version on the Acer website is "2.0.1039.1610", and the one I have (I looked at it with BlueScreen Viewer) is "2.0.1039.1680 Built by: WinDDK"

Install the Acer driver. You will probably have to uninstall the other one. It seems when you updated to 7 it automatically loaded it's own.

We see this alot going from either XP or Vista to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back