Blue screen error 0x000000c4 - don't know what to do!

Hi, I turned on my laptop today, and it gave me BSOD, saying that it had an error of type IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, however my computer restarted so I couldn't read the rest.
Looking on other forums, I tried running the verifier.exe, and restarted my computer. However, when I restarted it, it gave me another BSOD, this time saying:

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to protect damage to system
A device driver attempting to corrupt your computer has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version.
If this is first time restart. If appears again do check if new hardware and software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask hardware or software manufacturer for updates.
If it continues :remove new hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options like caching or shadowing. If needed use safe mode to remove disable. components. To restart press f8 and select advanced and then safe mode .
STOP
Tech info:
0x000000c4 (0x00000000000000f6, 0x0000000000005c0, 0xfffffa8008060b30, 0xfffff88007f3d6ed )
bdfm.sys address - fffff88007f3d6ed base at fffff88007f2f000 datestamp 4b59c200
Collecting data for crash dump
Initializing disk for crash dump

(NOTE: This is an approximation as I hurried so that it wouldn't shut down on me)

What should I do???
If it helps, I have a 15" Toshiba Satellite, 1 1/2 year old.

Attachments

• photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 5
As per your jpg your error code is 0xC4: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
This is the general bug check code for fatal errors that the Driver Verifier finds.

The issue is with the driver bdfm.sys which belongs to your Bitdefender security software. many people have issues with Bitdefender. You could try the following:

1. Uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender.

2. Update bitdefender.

3. Use another security solution.

Thank You! But...

Thanks for responding!
How do I uninstall Bitdefender? My computer won't let me start unless it is in safe mode, where I can't uninstall anything for some reason.
Also, I looked on the BitDefender site, and it said that there was a patch for one update on September 20th. However, after I installed it I got a new error message, which targeted tcmdpst.sys ! The full image is attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0097[1].jpg
    IMG_0097[1].jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 2
tdcmdpst.sys is a Toshiba writing driver for 64 bit operating systems that is for CD/DVD drives. How old is your system?

No problem. I wrote it down correctly. :) System = laptop or PC. Is it still under warrenty?

So for clarification it is impossible at this time to start up in normal mode, correct?

I am also wondering if you might be infected. Go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum and read the UPDTAED 8 Step sticky. If you can in Safe Mode follow the steps as given and post over there with the required logs attached.

Back