Blue screen error 0x1000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddy04

there is an online game which want to play. the game has to be downloaded in the computer and get installed which i do correctly.
then the game client has to used to start the game. when i click on start game
button , a blue screen error comes 0x1000008e and my computer gets restarted.

this occurs only with this particular game and rest computer runs fine.

plz guide me to how to correct this error so that i can play the game...

thank you...

hello bruty

thx for getting back at me.

the game is RAGNAROK ONLINE. it is an mmorpg. there are different servers available on which we can play. i have tried 3-4 servers and every time i face the same problem. the server on which i last installed is www.real-ro.com

what is an event viewer? when i click on start game the blue screen comes and there is a counting percent at the bottom which goes upto 100% and the computer restarts.
i have a software Blue screen viewer by which i saw the blue screen error type 0x1000008e.

Can you please attach minidumps with your next post so we can have a look at them? You can find these in C:\windows\minidup. Please zip them together in a single file if you have multiple dumps. Also provide complete specifications of your computer. Regards

Hello,

If you go to the following to get into event viewer:-

XP = Start > Run > type in "eventvwr" and it should open a box

Vista/7 = Start > type "eventvwr" into the search box and the first one will be it.

Then look through the application and/or the system logs and look for any that have "error" as there catogory and paste a few of them up on here and we can have a read on what can cause this issue, I am also going to test on my machine(s) to see if I can re-create the blue screen but I need to know your system specs.

Easy way to find them out would be to do the following:-

XP = Start > Run > type "dxdiag" and hit enter, then click "yes" if a prompt appears to do with connecting to the internet to check your drivers certification.

Vista/7 = same as above but type "dxdiag" in the search box within the start menu.

In there you will find what graphics hardware and sound card you use, what driver versions plus what OS and Sevice Pack and what make and model you computer is plus how much Ram etc...

Bruty

event viewr is little complicated. so I ran dxdiag.
there was a option to save al information. I clicked on it an a txt file was generated. I am attaching the txt file. I hope it will fullfill our purpose.

am also attaching the screen shot of event viewr. hope it mite help u in finding the solution.

there are about 7 minidumps file in the folder c:\windows\minidump. but they cant be zipped. it says access denied.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 6
Well if you have created a admin. account log in using that account and do what I suggested you, with regard to minidumps. Otherwise, you can attach individual dumps as last resort.

Archean

here is the zip file of all the minidumps.

hope u will be able to find out the solution of the problem

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    109.3 KB · Views: 4
Unfortunately most of your minidumps are not readable/or hangs up in windbg with timestap errors...... but I was able to process couple of them.

Both of these dump pointed to error 0x8e (kernel mode exception not handled), and driver which caused it was windrvNT.sys, this is a part of program called 'Folder Lock', if you have that software running on this system, my suggestion is to uninstall this software. Regards

archean

i had some long time back installed the folder lock software but had uiinstalled long time back.

there is no folder lock folder in my program files folder nor it appears in the uninstall program list in control pannel.

plz tell me , what should i do to remove this error?

is because of this that the game i want to run is not running?

Please reboot in safe mode before following these steps.

I think it should be located in C:\windows\system32.

Another way to locate it is:

Go to Start Menu, then to Programs, then to Accessories, and Right Click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

Then type Cd\ and press enter.
Then type Dir windrvNT.sys /s and press enter. Once, search results return you need to navigate to that folder (e.g. CD windows\system32). To delete the file once you have navigated to the required folder type Del windrvNT.sys and press enter. Goodluck and in case you need further assistance please let us know. Regards

archean

i deleted the windrvnt.sys as the way u had prescribed.

but still am not able to run the game. the same blue screen keeps on appearing.

plz guide me further what to do?

Archean

here is the zip file of all the minidump files in the folder c:\windows\minidump

Attachments

• mad.zip
    151 KB · Views: 6
Most of the minidumps are of 0xC2 error with serv2k.sys file, citing Bad Pool Caller, but actually its an invalid memory operation.

I am still looking into this, and will let you know ASAP what to do about it by editing this same post.

Three minidumps contains error caused by the driver of Folder Lock (which was pointed out in the earlier posts as well). It means the file isn't deleted, you need to thoroughly search for it and delete all copies of it. Also download CC Cleaner and run it on your computer to eliminate all registry related errors.

I haven't been able to find any information about srv2k.sys being a legitimate file of any sorts. However, I did came across another of your thread (in Virus Removal Section) and I think Broni's assessment is on the spot in this regard, you need to get rid of this file, perhaps you can go back to this same thread and ask him on to help you on this issue. Regards

Sorry for the previous link.

@ maddy04 - Has your system ever served as a server? Has it ever run Windows 2000 or 2003?

Archean

i was facing the problem of blue screen and that time broni had helped me to recover from it. At that time the issue was solved and my system was able to functun normally. the error was bad pool caller and file involved was srv2k.sys

still this particular game, i wasnt able to run that time also.

i run ccleaner for registry errors and the scan shows numerous errors. broni told me not to touch these registry errors as they dint harm the computer. so we had left them as they were. now also there are many errors in registry scan of ccleaner.

should i again start a new issue in the section - " virus and malware removal"
what should i do now? plz advice me.

i am having problems only with the game rest computer is running fine.

My recommendation is go back to the thread where you were getting advice from Broni, and tell him about srv2k.sys. I don't think this is a legitimate system / driver file, it may or may not be a malware/virus. So its better to be safe and see what Broni says about it.

If you only search for srv2k and drop the sys part there is information on the internet. What I can't figure out is if it is for partitioning or a backdoor trojan that Panda softwware noted.

Do a serach for [Panda] Bck/Srv2K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back