Blue screen error: Stop 0x0000007e

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I booted up my laptop, the windows splash screen froze and I was taken to a blue screen telling me that a problem had been detected by windows etc... The Technical Information that I got was Stop: 0x0000007e (0xC0000005, 0x86E438A1, 0xF7BFCB98, 0xF&BFC894) I can sort of run in Safe Mode, but I really don't know what to do from there. Doing a system restore doesnt help any either. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? I've read previous discussions and looked around on the Microsoft site, but nothing seems to work or applies.

I'm using a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop, running on Windows XP.
Please help!

I can sort of run in Safe Mode

what exactly does that mean? ...you either can or can't run in safe mode.

you could try an XP repair install which will leave your personal data in tact and fix most file system problems. if that doesn't solve the problem you may be looking at faulty RAM. It's not that uncommon.

What it basically means was that when I tried running it in safe mode, it would freeze at mup.sys but somehow if I skipped something while it was loading, I could get to it. Now, I can't get to it regardless. I can't seem to find the xp cd at the moment. So is there any other way to fix it without it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back