Blue Screen Error / Stop Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer often reboots and after it reboots there is a report saying that "the system has received an error." or something like that. then when i pressed the "send error report" a link was sent to be and it said "Problem caused by computer hardware:

You received this message because hardware or software in your computer caused Windows to shut down unexpectedly and restart. This is a serious problem, commonly referred to as a stop error or blue screen."

but the report said when i first encountered this that the hardware could not be found.. but i think i suspected it was the mouse, because the mouse when in use or not, it will start to shake and i don't know why it does that.

i also read from here that i will post this: Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c000001d, parameter2 804e7015, parameter3 b1babc18, parameter4 00000000.

and someone will try, i guess, to find out which is the problem really.

so if anyone could help me out, i would really appreciate it.

thank you very much!

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are particularly indicative of corrupted memory. Since we don't have any other information to go by it would be wise for you at this point to run MemTest on your RAM

See this link and follow the instructions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html
There is a newer version avaliable.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back