Blue screen error

Status
Not open for further replies.

topps999

i keep gettin a blue screen error called "bad_pool_caller" the main code is
0x00000c2 , one of the codes in brackets is ( 0x0000040), the other 2 codes in brackets i do not know, could somebody please help me. thanks alot :) -topps-
ps . if u need anymore information please ask

Read this link and follow the advice and let us know if any of the steps help rectify your issue(s) or not.

Also,it would be very helpful if you would put your system specs in your user profile.

Lastly, 0xC2 errors are typically due to a faulty driver or buggy software but at this point we don't have enough information to even venture a guess.

ok, i read through the stuff, and most of it is fine for me.. like the psu etc.. i have filled out my specs system, ran the memory test nothing rong, so here are sum of my dump logs :) thanks topps

Three of your errors are 0xC2 and they all point to your crashes as being caused by 6501.sys, which is a C-Media sound driver. Try updating your drivers for your onboard audio.

Your remaining crash was a 0xD0 -- and I have never seen this before-- DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL caused by drivers corrupting the driver pool manifested by certain drivers attempting a higher IRQL it has no business doing (much like C2 errors) resulting in crashes.

The driver cited is aswMon2.sys and it is an avast! File System Filter Driver for Windows XP. You may need to either update or uninstall and reinstall.

However, I would first see if updating your sound drivers does the trick or invest in a good sound card.

well, i updated my videocard driver and reinstalled my logitech driver (as 1 of my other errors was caused by a logitech file so i figure reinstall it), so i downloaded it from their site and reinstalled it and i havent had a crash since doin so, and i also updated my complete motherboard drivers (including the onboard sound), and still no crashes, so thanks a lot, and if my problems continue i will seek further advice :) THANKS -topps-

Great! And thanks, topps999, for letting us know how things turned out. We much appreciate it when someone tells us when their problems are solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back