TechSpot

Blue screen: graphics card broken?

By bluttraum
Dec 6, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I get an empty Bluescreen when playing 3D games, mostly after a quite short time, but some games I can play up to a few hours. When I start a 3DMark 2005 test, the Bluescreen appears immediately after the first frame.
    The event viewer displays the following error codes:
    1000007f (0000000d, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000)
    At the beginning some 8E errors appeared, but I didn't find them in the last Bluescreens.

Specs of the 5yr old PC:
    Asrock K7NF2-RAID (RAID disabled)
    Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @3200+ (12x200MHz)
    Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro
    2GB 400MHz DDR-RAM
    320GB WD HDD
    160GB Maxtor HDD
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic

The Bluescreens also happen without overclocking.

The Bluescreens appears since two days after installing my new Zalman CPU-Cooler and like I said, just when I play games with newer 3D graphic.
    Memtest86 and Prime95 ran hours long without any problems or bluescreens.

I already formatted the PC and reinstalled Windows with the newest drivers for all devices (but I also tried it with older ones / without soundcard / etc), but the problem is still existing.

So I expect the graphic card to be broken, but I just want to be sure before buying a new one.

Would be great, if someone can say for sure which part is broken or what I could do to test it further.

Best Regards,
    Manuel

Edit: added Minidump
  2. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

It's the drivers, not the video card. See the following thread for the same crash and a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114470.html

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
    Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+107e58 )
    Image name: ati3duag.dll Timestamp: Wed Sep 24 10:54:14 2008 (48D99DC6)
  3. bluttraum

bluttraum TS Rookie Topic Starter

Seems like the problem is solved. I'll run some benchmarks tomorrow just for stress testing.

Do you know what causes that problem? I had also tried some older original and DNA drivers, but it didn't work, but everything seems okay now.

Thank you, you saved my day. :)
  4. sebastien

sebastien TS Rookie

The same problem...

I'm having the same problem, Blue screen, and error. Also, before the BS i have some error sounds with no messages and i can't open applications, files or close them.

I've installed yesterday the GTA 4 and his crack, i think that have a trojan/virus. ┬┐Do you install it? (Grand Theft Auto 4 (IV))
  5. bluttraum

bluttraum TS Rookie Topic Starter

I didn't install anything before it happened, besides I had reinstalled Windows and all drivers before. So it was just a driver problem.

PS:
    3DMark ran through a few hours, without any errors, it really was just the driver (original/DNA).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.