Blue screen, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
I am running windows Vista and two days ago, I was updating adobe reader from version 8.0 to version 9.1 and my computer wasn't able to do that, it said windows explorer (dont know if i translated that correctly, I mean the thing you use to browse your files) was still open and it canceled the update. Next moment, my computer stopped responding so I turned it off with the on/off button. Now, every time I turn my computer on, it loads untill I expect to hear the windows sound; it gives me a bluescreen and It restarts itself. I reboot it in safe mode, which works okay; then my computer tells me this:

Probleemhandtekening: (problem...: )
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem (name of problem: ): BlueScreen
Versie van besturingssysteem: (version of system..?) 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Landinstelling-id: 1043

Aanvullende informatie over dit probleem: (additional information about this problem: )
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 86F16238
BCP3: 86F16384
BCP4: 82273400
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Bestanden die helpen bij het beschrijven van het probleem:(files which help with solving the problem: )
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini070909-02.dmp
C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52697-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1BAA.tmp.version.txt

(sorry, it's dutch, but I hope you understand what is says)

I have included my Minidumpfiles, but I deleted some of yesterday so I could upload them.
The only thing I could think of to fix this was to delete adobe reader, nut my computer says I can't acces windows installer in Safe Mode. Might it be a solution to uncheck adobe acrobat from the startup-section in msconfig? It doesn't show adobe reader running in the services running when in Safe Mode. I haven't treid this yet, but if anyone could confirm this won't harm my computer and won't make things worse, I'd like to give that a try.

I really hope someone could help me, since this laptop is still pretty new.
(One more question; I have a backup of 7gigs on two dvd's which I made when I just bought it. When the problem caný be solved, will installing those still save my pc?)

Thanks a lot!

Managed to debug them this morning. 5/6 of your dumps cite wininit.exe as the problem with an error code of 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION, which isn't very helpful as you need to know the history of what is going on.

One of your dumps did cite athr.sys as causing the issue and had an error code of 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

I'd suggest 3 things to try at the moment

1. If you have a wireless adapter, then reinstall the driver and install it with the most up to date one.

To do this

- Download the most recent driver for your hardware from the manufacturers site and save to your desktop, dont install yet. Download the software called 'Driver Sweeper Pro'

- Boot into safemode and uninstall your current wireless network drivers

- Run the Drive Sweeper Pro software to remove any remaining leftovers

- Reboot into normal mode and install the new drivers

2. This issue can also be caused by malware, you can run through the 8 step instructions here and post your logs in the Virus & Malware Removal Forum.

3. Run memtest on your system RAM, this error can be caused by faulty memory. To run memtest, see here. You need a minimum of 7 passes but most people leave the scan running overnight.

Thanks a lot! I'll try to re:install my wireless adapters' drivers first. I cant download drivers from the manufacturers site, ( have an Atheros AR5B91, drivers version; 7.6.0.164) Is x-drivers.com/catalog/companies/atheros/drivers/wireless_networks/models/ar5001x/9386.html (put www in front, I'm not allowed to post links on this forum yet <<) this the right link to download new drivers? Since my adapter starts with AR5B and not AR50.?
I doubt the fact that it's malware, I ran a full system scan the day before the crash and it found zero threats. Dont reallt know how fats malware can destroy your pc?
Oh, and is it still a possibility to just install windows Vista again when anything goes wrong? I have a backup cd, or is there any other way which will always work?

OK thanks. Well the downloadspeed is only 6 kb/s so I'll install it tomorrow, (It's 23:30 here) Ill tell you how it worked out then! And I'd just like to let you know I really appreciate you helping, since I cant do much more in return ;)

And sorry for having so much questions, but it's just that I am not really good with computers and spend about all my money on this one so I don't like it to stop working:
- I am doing this all in safe mode; doesn't that mean that my wireless adapter works fine?
- I have 3GB Ram. When I open task manager, it says that I do have access to 3GB of ram (3066 total, 768 in cache and 1777 available), Is this ok?
- Will installing the backup on my laptop be likely to fix things when I ruin it?

Don't know if any of this makes sense, but just to be sure =D

Tried reïnstalling the drivers of my wireless adapter out; I only did not use driver sweeper 1.5.5 because it didn't show my wireless adapters drivers, only:Ageia- Physx, ATi - Display, Creative - Sound, Microsoft - Mouse, Nvidia - Chipset, Nvidia - Display and Realtek - sound.
did'nt work out though..

If reinstalling the drivers didnt work then I'd suggest giving my 2nd suggestion a go in my previous post.

About running the malware checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back