Blue Screen in Vista again, and I just reformat my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help with this.... I'm not doin anything in particular and sometimes it just go to a blue screen. This last time I went to my firefox and it just went blue screen again... here is the info just in case it's needed

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 86E1E028
BCP3: 87851AC8
BCP4: 85FE22F0
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

If reformatting hasn't solved the issues the following are probable reasons why:

1. One of the hardware components are bad or their drivers are faulty.

2. Reinstalled software is the issue concerning drivers.

* Right now we don't have enough information to go by so please give us your system specs, i.e. motherboard, RAM (type and how much installed), etc., plus OS and security software.

* Also, in yoiur next post attach your minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

well.. my pc is a HP 8100n... processor Amd Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Proc 5600+ 2.80Ghz
Ram 3Gb... System 32-bit OS Windows Vista Serv Pack 2
Nvidia Gforce 6150SE nForce 430
got the HD that came with it + 2 more HD (Firewire and USB)
Cam
Wireless Adptr for internet
Norton

Installed things ... Nero, Picassa, Mns, Office, regular stuff

All your errors are 0x9F. All but one cites the Vista driver disk.sys. My advice is to do the following:

1. Go to your harddrive manufacturer's website, download their free HD diagnostic utility and run the tests. There is the possibility your harddrive has bad sectors or is failing.

2. Disk.sys is an important system file that has to do with the drive(s) management subsystem. without is no disks work, copying to self or other devices is not possible. Reinstall your CD/DVD drives because it is possible the write file has been changed somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back