Blue Screen in Windows Vista Home Premium (memory dump)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmarkou

Hello everyone. I am new to this Forum and I am facing during the past month the following problem.

My PC appears to be working perfectly right when suddenly I get a blue screen and the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL followed by some warnings and then ***STOP 0x0000000A (0x00000054, 0x0000001B, 0x00000001, 0x823C1FE9) and memory dump starts.

This problem appears on an irregular basis although it has increased in frequency during the last week.

I have not changed any hardware since I set up this PC on September - October 2008 and cannot understand the cause of all this trouble!

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

P.S. I attach to the present the minidump files stored in my HD.

Attachments

• Mini011209-01.dmp
    135.2 KB · Views: 6
One minidump was an 0xD1 error and these are caused by either faulty drivers or buggy software. It cited the probable cause as driver iaStor.sys

The other four were 0xA errors and these are a good indication of hardware issues or a driver trying to access an IRQ Level it has no right doing so. Again, the driver iaStor.sys was cited in these 4 as the probable cause.

iaStor.sys is a file made by Intel to give Windows more access to the harddrive. It is a file that Dell machines will request upon an installation of windows xp.

Are you running in a RAID configuration? If you have a RAID configuration this file is critically important.

* Go to Intel's website and see if they have a fix and/or driver updates.

First of all thanks for your prompt reply!

No i am not running any raid configuration.

I did notice a blue screen occurring the last time i tried to defrag my maxtor external drive but thought it was random (as the other ones).

I ll have a look at the site for an update or solution (hopefully).

Ok i downloaded and installed the newest version included in Intel Matrix Storage Manager (v. 8.7.0.1007).

Up to now i ve had no problems but its too early to be sure (2 hours or so)...

Is there any way i can check to see if the error still occurs?

Thanks,

Nick

The only way to know if it has been corrected or not is to do the things that caused the BSODs in the first place. If you are getting stability I would say its a safe bet -- but remember, we're dealing with PCs and thus stability is relative. ;)

Ok, now this is weird!

I ve had my PC running since yesterday and up to now faced no crashes or blue screens which is good, however (and this is the weird part) my second internal HD seems to have disapearred!!!

I restarted my PC and the second drive was there again! Tried to do an error checking on it but while the check was being performed the drive disappeared again!

The funny thing is that Intel Storage Manager "see' s" the drive whereas it is not listed in My Computer, or Device Manager...

Any suggestions?

I don't have the knowledge on how to answer this so I wouldn't dare venture to give you an answer.

My best advice to you is now post in our Storage & networking forum since this pertains to your harddrive.

Give them a brief overview of your previous problem, how your resolved it and now have stability, but now your latest issues with your second harddrive. Good luck!

Thanks a lot Route44 for your help in solving the problem with the BSOD!

I read somewhere in the net that changing the sata port might help solve this kind of problem, i tried and will now wait and see for the results... if the problem occurs again then i will surely post where you indicated!

Thanks again for your time,

Nick

Just for the record, changing the sata ports (from 0 & 1 to 1 & 4) did the job (for now)!

I ve been running my PC continuously since then, tried error checking, defragmenting, formatting and transferring large files in drive D: and it does not disappear!

Thanks again for the help,

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back