Blue screen in Windows Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have had a blue screen for the last week or so. I cannot get the error code off of it because it shows up and less than a second later, the computer restarts. It doesn't matter what I am doing...whether surfing the net, talking on IM or just uploading photos, it still does it.

I had purchased System Mechanic about 2 weeks ago thinking it would make my system faster (yeah right) and I was thinking that maybe this was the problem? Once it found a spyware, every time it went to repair it, the blue screen would appear and my computer would automatically restart.

I tried uninstalling and removing everything that System Mechanic had through my registry, Program Files, etc. and am waiting for a result.

Could this have been the problem? If not, I don't know what to do because I can't get a look at the screen. All I know is that it says something about being critical and is protecting my computer by shutting down.

Thanks in advance,
Stacey

Windows Vista Home Basic
1024MB RAM
147GB hard drive

System Mechanic alone is not enough to completely remove spyware. I recommend the following 3 antipsyware utilities (all available in the Download section at this site):

1) AVG 8
2) Ad-Aware 2008
3) Spybot Search & Destroy

Repost with results.

Best,
-- Andy

Obviously System Mechanic is not a Spyware Removal tool
Nor is it likely that the blue screens were caused by Spyware

It is most likely System Mechanic, has caused some change (via Scan and repairing issues) to your Windows settings

The easiest option would be to run a System Restore (ideally in Safe Mode) to a date before the system blue screened

Otherwise you may need to Repair your Windows Vista

Which-ever the case. Once back in Windows, I would highly recommend uninstalling System Mechanic, that has done nothing but cause you grief

Regarding Virus\Malware issues,(if concerned) it would be best to have a look h e r e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back