Blue screen (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Seeking help...

I'm encountering a problem in HP Prolaint ML 370 (G3) windows2003 standard edition.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in blue screen and was hung. so i had to restart manually.

four days back i had installed Symantec Endpoint protection, i had shutdown the server and started, since then i am facing this problem, i tried to log in safe mode and disable the services and try to restart it in normal mode to check it. still facing the same problem.

where can i upload the Memory.dmp file.

karthik

Hi katrick

The error you received was caused by a faulty driver, service or BIOS. Press F8 on startup, go into the Advanced Options menu and select "Last known good configuration". If this doesn't work, please post your minidump on here using the "attach" option.

Spyder_1386 :)

OK guys this has happened before! There is a post on this board about it!

It is the Norton. The other poster totally removed Norton and ran the Norton removal tool.

Rebooted and reinstalled Norton clean!

https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122344&highlight=2003+endpoint.

Norton is interfering with the mentioned driver.

On dumps if they are chronic (hardly can stay up at all) then jump into Mini dump logs.

If sparse like a couple of times a day then Clean temps Registry and look at recently installed apps and drivers. Then Do 8 Steps to confirm no Malware.

Only then do Mini Dump diags as it will often be malware!

Mike

Thanks mfynn for the update. Katrick, please do follow the thread posted by mflynn to resolve your problem.

Spyder_1386 :)

Thank you ...Team....I did the same, infact i had disabled the service of Symantec from startup.. it did not work, and i was forced to make a fresh install of the server, as i had day of backup...

Course it didn't work. Disabling Norton would not have worked!

Nope for this to have worked you not only had to uninstall Norton/Symantec you had to use 3 removal tools to cleanup Norton fully!

But glad you had a backup!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back