Blue Screen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having problems with my pc. Blue Screens with text IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Im running Win Xp sp2 ---> xp athlon 2500+ - 512mb ddr - ati radeon 9600 pro.
here are 2 minidump files

When it has rebooted it says windows has survived for seroious error and report says:
BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Hertzio\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER707a.dir00\Mini040906-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Hertzio\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER707a.dir00\sysdata.xml

Maybe some solutions whats wrong? Thanks.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    57.1 KB · Views: 5
Sounds like an 0X0A stop code which means Kernel-mode process or driver attempting to access “permission denied” memory location or an IRQL that is not less then or equal to it’s own value. This can be a faulty driver or failing hardware. Have you installed any new software/revision or hardware?

Check your temps in BIOS in PC health or dwnload Everest or similar program. Also a weak or failing power supply can cause any number/version of BSOD you can think of. Bad RAM can cause this failure too, try running with just one stick then the other (if you have 2 or more). don't run 3 sticks of RAM. Have you run Memtest86?

You need to collect several dump files and zip them together and post them again or no one will look at them. There are instructions here about how to post minidumps etc. I don't make the rules here I just follow them.

Cheers and welcome to TS. :wave:

kirock said:
Sounds like an 0X0A stop code which means Kernel-mode process or driver attempting to access “permission denied” memory location or an IRQL that is not less then or equal to it’s own value. This can be a faulty driver or failing hardware. Have you installed any new software/revision or hardware?

Check your temps in BIOS in PC health or dwnload Everest or similar program. Also a weak or failing power supply can cause any number/version of BSOD you can think of. Bad RAM can cause this failure too, try running with just one stick then the other (if you have 2 or more). don't run 3 sticks of RAM. Have you run Memtest86?

You need to collect several dump files and zip them together and post them again or no one will look at them. There are instructions here about how to post minidumps etc. I don't make the rules here I just follow them.

Cheers and welcome to TS. :wave:

I zipped and its in first post.

I dont think its heat problem. I have everest and heats are OK. I think its rams, i run memtest and it found 1 error something like (could be source) etc...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

1 minidump has a bugcheck of 0A.

1 has a bugcheck of 7F.

1 is corrupt and unreadable.

This points to either faulty ram, or maybe underpowered psu.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If Memtest86+ gives you errors, your ram is bad.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back