Blue screen memory dump

Hey, I am having trouble with my laptop when I am running autocad. When I try to copy paste anything between .dwg files the laptop goes to bluescreen citing a problem with igdpmd.sys and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. It is really frustrating and I am not sure what I can do to fix/stop this from occuring. My laptop has an i7 processor, 4gb of ram and a radeon 1gb dedicated graphics card. It outspecs other laptops in my office that have no problem performing the same task. Very confused.

This error is pointing to a problem with your Nvidia video graphics driver. Have you applied all the windows updates including all the optional updates?

Do you have any minidumps to post? Look at the first thread in this area for instructions on how to post them

I have three and I tried to follow the instructions but when I navigate to the minidump file location nothing shows up in my attach window -- there is only one option for file type 'all files' but I note that .dmp is not one of the file types listed under all files... I'm sorry I must be missing something very obvious

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. select all the .dmp folders and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Ok the files are attached hopefully correctly haha - It may also be relevant although I am not sure but my laptop screen will often black out for a second and when it recovers a window pops up saying that the display driver stopped working and has recovered. Thank you!

Attachments

• NewZip.zip
    55.1 KB · Views: 3
If the video drivers are up to date and this is happening is it likely that the video driver is faulty? thank you so much for your help. I thought I may have needed to install more ram or something but I guess if I take it into the shop they might be able to replace the graphics card or something. thanks again!

No problem :) They might want do do a factory restore. This could be caused by a program or driver conflict. There's just not enough information at this point to narrow it down any further

My solution which I read in another Forum was VERY SIMPLE. Somebody said that the Roxio Program can go BAD after awhile even ifin you had it for years so I uninstalled all the diffrent side programs of Roxio and the main program and 3 days later no unexpected computer shutdown or BS Crash Memory Dump and no more error message of a module not being found everytime I started up my Computer. Hope this answer can help someone like it helped me. Roxio Program can go corrupt after awhile so if you got it and you got computer problems like the ones being discussed here, get rid of Roxio, it SOLVED my problem

Back