Blue screen... Non paged_Navex15.sys... system shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Have had my PC show a blue screen... something about a Non Paged title and the the words Navex15.sys before it restarts. This has happened a lot now... 21 times since the 27th July 2009. I have recently upgraded my memory but this was happening way before that. Please help as sometimes it just restarts as soon as it starts up. Do I need to zip and post the mini dump files?

Navex15.sys is a Symantec antivirus driver. We see a lot of Symantec/Norton issues here. Please attach your five latest minidumps in your next post via one Zip file.

Last 5 mini dump files

Please see attached for the last 5 mini dump files.

Attachments

• minidump files.zip
    119.2 KB · Views: 1
ll errors are 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

One cited Pool_Corruption which means the driver pool have been corrupted but it gave nothing definitive.

Two simply cited Windows OS drivers and these aren't really helpful.

The remaining two specifically cited the Symantec drivers Navex15.sys and Srtsp.sys. You could do one of three things;

1. Update the software.

2. Scan for infectiuons and then completely uninstall and reinstall.

3. Totally uninstall, then use their Removal Tool for your version, and go with a different security option(s).

Uninstalling and then re-installing may straighten out the driver issues. You don't have to; it is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back