Blue Screen of Death 1000007f 0000000D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Got this BSOD for the first time today on a refurbed Dell D620 bought just a month ago. BCCode: 1000007f BCP1: 0000000D BCP2: 00000000 BCP3: 00000000 BCP4: 00000000 OSVer 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product: 256_1

Files: Mini071409-01.dmp and sysdata.xml

Can someone interpret for me? Problem did not reoccur after rebooting.

Hi and welcome to TS,

Your dump cites 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP as the code and the parameter is 0x0000000D — An exception not covered by some other exception; a protection fault that pertains to access violations for applications.

Since is names portcls.sys as a potential process, this could point to a driver causing issues. This driver is actually your audio driver. I would suggest reinstalling your audio drivers, or if they are not individually available, then they will be included in your chipset drivers so update those :)

Other then that, this error can be hardware related - your actual audio device fault or memory

You may choose to do nothing, if it's behaving. But it is good to work out what the problem is and prevent any future issues

Multiple (different) BSOD Error codes

I have now had three BSOD STOP errors in the past 24 hours on my Dell D620 laptop. Each time the error code is different: First time 0x7f, next time 0xBE, third time, 0xD1. While I was originally going to look for a corrupted or bad driver, I am now wondering whether getting three different codes makes a driver cause more or less likely. The machine wil run for hours without a problem but unexpectedly crash with these errors, unrelated to any particular activity.

I don't have a history on the machine because it was a Dell refurb which I had to load with a Dell image disk when I bought it a month ago.

My plan tonight is to update the audio and network drivers (which have slightly newer versions available) and to remove and reseat the RAM SO-DIMMs. IF these steps don't work, I plan to replace the SO-DIMMs.

Also, can I rely on verifier.exe to find bad drivers? I ran it and some drivers are loaded and some are not. Is an "unloaded" driver a sign that it did not pass the verification test? If not, how else does verifier tell you that a driver did not pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back