Blue screen of death and no taskmanager

By maputobiz
Mar 21, 2009
  1. hi guys. i am sitting here in maputo with a major problem on my hands. i have an ancient, old, sony vaio sr1 with no floppy drive and a dead cd-rom bay. it seems that my computer has been infected with a series of viruses that have neutraized my task manager and left me with a blue screen of death. what do i do? any ideas?
  2. touch

touch TS Rookie Posts: 978

Hello maputobiz

Please run the steps in this guide:

8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Post attached log´s from:

In your next reply
  3. maputobiz

maputobiz TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you for the advice. th\\n\my problem is that i do not have cd reading capability as the cd-rom is broken. i was using my usb port but with the virus situation i cannot access it. i thought about trying to make a flash drive bootable and loading it up with anti-virus software, but i am not sure of how to go about doing that. i tried to use this utility from hp with no result. i would really appreciate it if someone had an idea.
  4. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 498

Hi maputobiz

Do you receive this BSOD before Windows loads up or after? Are you saying that you are unable to run the 8-step virus removal tool posted by touch? If your CD Rom is not working, the only other way I can think of is to remove your hard drive from your computer and plug it into one that's working. On doing this, run the 8-step virus removal.

Spyder_1386 :)
  5. maputobiz

the BSOD happens after windows loads. i cannot seem to get the comand prompt even after i go into setup
  6. maputobiz

hi. i have a questionÇ in the event that i try removing the hard disk, something that i have never tried to do before in my life, will it not be a problem since the hard disk is one of those small ones that are installed on notebooks. how will i fit it into a regular desktop computer
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.