Blue screen of death and no taskmanager

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys. i am sitting here in maputo with a major problem on my hands. i have an ancient, old, sony vaio sr1 with no floppy drive and a dead cd-rom bay. it seems that my computer has been infected with a series of viruses that have neutraized my task manager and left me with a blue screen of death. what do i do? any ideas?

thank you for the advice. th\\n\my problem is that i do not have cd reading capability as the cd-rom is broken. i was using my usb port but with the virus situation i cannot access it. i thought about trying to make a flash drive bootable and loading it up with anti-virus software, but i am not sure of how to go about doing that. i tried to use this utility from hp with no result. i would really appreciate it if someone had an idea.

Hi maputobiz

Do you receive this BSOD before Windows loads up or after? Are you saying that you are unable to run the 8-step virus removal tool posted by touch? If your CD Rom is not working, the only other way I can think of is to remove your hard drive from your computer and plug it into one that's working. On doing this, run the 8-step virus removal.

Spyder_1386 :)

hi. i have a questionÇ in the event that i try removing the hard disk, something that i have never tried to do before in my life, will it not be a problem since the hard disk is one of those small ones that are installed on notebooks. how will i fit it into a regular desktop computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back