Blue Screen of Death Daily, Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, my computer is totally messed up. It has been kinda messed up for a while, but lately it has been getting worse. I have been getting Blue screens of death occasionally for the past few months, on about a weekly basis, didn't really bother me much. But now I'm getting like 3 a day and it is really bugging me. So I reformatted my hard drive and installed the drivers, but I think I got the wrong ones installed :O. I'm kinda computer illiterate, so if somebody could help walking me through the information you need to help diagnosis whats wrong that would be great. The BSOD messages i'm getting are Stop 0x000000008E and 0x000000050. They usually say Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area or something like that. I also got one involving a file called ipnat.sys today. They happen at random times, but I'm also getting other random problems too, like the computer slowing down when I start up I-tunes and alot of video games are crashing. I know the motherboard drivers are causing some of the problems. I have the system specs below. I googled that motherboard + drivers, and a webpage with that model came up and so I installed those drivers. "American Megatrends." I started getting weird messages then, so I tried to install the one that came with the disk for my mother board (I lost that one earlier but then found it after I had issues with this driver), but it gives me an error when I install them. I also installed SATA drivers and K8 CPU drivers. God I dont know what any of this means and this is a computer nightmare. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME.

Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name ASIA
User Name Hugh

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3700+
Motherboard Name ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 1 AGP, 1 Future CPU Port, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset ULi/ALi M1689, AMD Hammer
System Memory 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (01/27/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra (256 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (F6MZ4C101770U)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Creative Audigy 2 Audio Processor

Storage:
IDE Controller ALi M5229 PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller ALi SATA/RAID Controller (M5289)
SCSI/RAID Controller SCSI/RAID Host Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD1600JS-60M SCSI Disk Device (149 GB)
Optical Drive _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive LC1404F FGK075R SCSI CdRom Device
SMART Hard Disks Status FAIL

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 152617 MB (100439 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter ULi PCI Fast Ethernet Controller (169.233.42.224)

Peripherals:
Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
USB1 Controller ULi/ALi M5237 USB Open Host Controller
USB2 Controller ULi/ALi M5273 USB 2.0 Host Controller
USB Device USB Printing Support

DMI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:
Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
Version P1.60
Release Date 01/27/2006
Size 256 KB
Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Supported Standards DMI, ACPI
Expansion Capabilities PCI, AGP, USB

[ System ]

System Properties:
Product 939Dual-SATA2
Version 1.00
Serial Number 00000000
Universal Unique ID 00020003-00040005-00060007-00080009
Wake-Up Type Power Switch

[ Motherboard ]

Motherboard Properties:
Product 939Dual-SATA2
Version 1.00
Serial Number 00000000

[ Processors / AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+ ]

Processor Properties:
Manufacturer AMD
Version AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+
Serial Number TBD
Asset Tag TBD
Part Number TBD
External Clock 200 MHz
Maximum Clock 2200 MHz
Current Clock 2200 MHz
Type Central Processor
Voltage 3.3 V, 2.9 V
Status Enabled
Socket Designation CPUSocket

Faulty M/B

Your windows is crashed because of hardware problem. The first minidump has the bucket id CPU_CALL_ERROR and it is usally related to faulty motherboard. Check your motherboard and look for any bulgy capacitor. The 2nd minidump has over 3000 memory corruption and this is symptom of bad paging spacing. Run chkdsk /r and re-allocate the paging space.

You had better to run memtest to stress test the ram as well.

Crap. Ok, thanks. So is my motherboard a piece of crap? Should I get a new one? I did Memtest like 4 times and nothing game up. Also, how do I reset my page file or whatever?

To reset your page file:
Right click my computer, and select properties, and then the advanced tab.

Under performance, click settings. Click on the advanced tab, and then on the change button.

Click on the custom size button, and click in the initial size box and make the size of the page file 0. Click in the maximum size box, and make the size of the page file 0.

Click set.

Now reboot your machine. After your system has restarted run a defrag.

Once the defrag has finished, go back to the pagefile settings above, and click on the change button. For the initial, and maximum pagefile size make it 1.5 times the ammount of ram your have. I.E if you have 512mb of ram set the page file to 768mb.

Click on the set button again, and reboot your system. You now have a brand new page file.

Hey, no worries mate, I was only having a laugh.

In order to put someones name in quotes, you simple do the following. {Quote=Morgus]Message text{\quote} Obviously, you`d use square brackets instead of the curly ones I`ve used as an example.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back