Blue Screen of Death every day now, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxmiller

Hi,

If anyone could help me I would be most grateful.

I have a dell studio desktop with 2 screens and I think the reason I keep getting the blue screen is related to the graphics card or screens.

These are the recent error messages I've been getting after the blue screen:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000004
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 824AC979
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041609-02.dmp
C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-81666-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6FC2.tmp.version.txt

If anyone could help I would be so grateful - it's getting the blue screen pretty much daily now which is killing me!

Thanks a lot!
Alex

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

No, this is just whilst I am working on word, internet etc - in fact, it even happens when i put the PC into sleep mode from time to time. I do that before at the end of the evening and then in the morning it has restarted!

I've updated all the drivers etc for the monitors, I'm completely stuck.

Would it help if I posted the actual files mentioned here:

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini040809-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-119949-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\WER933.tmp.version.txt

Thanks.

Well it would help but I don't have specific tools to verify the .dmp file. what makes you think that it is your video card?

Well, it's because when I got this computer they had the incorrect graphics card installed to handle the dual monitors.

It was then replaced and the monitors work fine - I had a blue screen from then on about once per 2 weeks or so - ever since i've tried to fix it (updating drivers etc) it's got worse.

i have 3 questions, if you don't mind awnsering:
1. Make/Model of your computer?
2. Specific Model of your Video Card?
3. Wattage/Ampere of your PSU

Hi,

Make/Model: Dell Studio 540S
Display adaptor: ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Monitors: 2 x Dell S1709W

How do I find out about the PSU?

I'm really grateful for your help - thank you.

Alex

Thank you both for your help - I hope this works!

I just got rid of Ad-Aware completely because I use another one.

Really hope it works!

Thanks,
Alex

or you can open up the case (voiding the warranty) and read the details on a small box at the top of the case

Hi again,

I went ahead and uninstalled the Ad-aware but unfortunately I'm still getting the blue screen. It didn't happen for a day or two but just happened now - twice in a row!

Would someone be able to look at my .dmp files? I would be most grateful as there is clearly something wrong :(

Thank you,
Alex

PS - I've uploaded the last 2 since uninstalling Ad-aware.

Hi,

Thanks again for the ongoing advice.

I have done the 8-step Malware removal process as well as updating my drivers and it's still happening - more than before to be honest.

The malware process found quite a few threats and they are all removed. I also installed all of the critical drivers etc but still no luck.

I'm convinced it's something to do with my graphics card, monitors etc - what else can I possibly do?

Thank you for your patience,

Alex

It probably would have been better that you created a thread in the Virus & Malware removal forum, so as support could confirm that you are clean.

But if you're convinced it may be graphics card, monitors etc, then the only way to be sure is ny replacing them (for a test) with known good hardware. Assuming you are not a computer shop we may be a little stuck there :suspiciou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back