Blue Screen of Death. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

disbarred

A few times a day my computer randomly restarts for no reason leaving these erro messages:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000020
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8FCD01C2
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

HELP PLEASE!!! I am running vista ultimate with p4 3.8HT and 3GB of RAM.

Go to MsConfig (through run) and tell me if Terminal Services is running. If it is, it may be the problem, please untick it, and restart your computer
Also do all Windows security updates online.
Another option - turn off any hardware overclocking

Update

Terminal Services was running so I unchecked the box and restarted the computer. All the window updates have been installed and I am not overclocking anything to begin with. 5 minutes later my computer restarted randomly again with this error message.

BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000004
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 80633709
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

If I am reading this correctly you have an 0xD1 error and these are usually caused by a device driver trying to access an address they have no business doing thus causing crashes.

Without more information we can't tell what driver it is or even if it is truly a device driver. Have you checked your Event Viewer?

At the time of the crash, are there any events that tell you any information?

Also can you go to %windir%\Minidump (C:windows\minidump) and attach any minidumps that were created today or yesterday.

No events in the even viewer tell me anything new. I was having a problem with my printer earlier this month connecting it to the wireless print server, but my computer was messing up before that.

I can't upload any mini dumps cause of the size restrictions to this site. mine are all 135kb and this site allows a 100kb limit. I have uploaded them to my gmail account. Let me know what you wanna do. Sorry, I don't know that much about computers, just enough to get by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back