TechSpot

Blue screen of death issues on Oblivion

By Ransu
Feb 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I looked at a few of the topics concerning a similar issue, but I think mine is caused by a specific driver. The blue screen of death happens randomly while playing. The thing is, I'm pretty sure it's caused by one of my drivers but I don't know which one it is. I attached a zip file containing some minidump files so if someone could tell me what's wrong then I'd appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

These BSOD's point to a memory fault , your games Oblivion & Morrowind and your Sound Blaster.

First I would run through this guide to check out your memory sticks and then check you have the most up to date drivers for your sound device. If you get more BSOD's then post the logs.

3. Ransu

Ransu TS Rookie Topic Starter

I had a feeling it was my sound card ever since it started giving me issues like the driver wouldn't update and stuff. It's a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer. I looked up ways of fixing my problem and I finally fixed it. Got the latest driver installed and things seem to be going well so far. If anything else happens then I'll try the memtest thing. Thanks.

4. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

That sounds encouraging, thank's for letting me know.