Blue Screen of death, need help bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ohemian

(Ok so this is the first time Im using a forum for help ...)
Hey guys , i recently assembled a new PC and ive been getting BSODS.OK first of all ill give you a descripton of the PC

E8400
Kingston 2 GB RAM
Seagate 160 GB HDD
Western Digital 40 GB HDD
Gigabyte GA-G3M-S2L
8800 GT
LG DVD-RW
Creative Live!

nothings overclocked....

Ok so here is my problem..I have literally spent hours trying to find what the problem is but i havent got any sucess i have Run Memtest86 wihtout any errors , i have run one of Hitachis Disk check utility without any errors (For my hard drive) , i have update my graphic card , Chipset etc drivers without any sucess (NOT UPDATE ALL OF THEM).

OK now the weird part , the first time i assembled my pc ran a game and it gave me a BSOD i ignored it , reinstalled the game it worked , after somedays my PC wont boot after the welcome screen it used to crash , i was guessing a faulty update caused the problem , i reinstalled windows , update "most" of the drivers , and till now no BSOD ,i just get one when im trying to open a particular game , just to let you know there was another game along with it, which used to give me a BSOD but after my 2nd installation of windows , it never crashed.

Im not sure what exactly to do ..im just frustrated....tried everything this is jus so annoying , i cant even diagnose whats wrong!!!!

I am attaching my minidump files.although i googled them too..but couldnt make much out of it.

THANKYOU TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME , even a small hint is appreicated :)

looking forward to your help.

oh and i forgot to mention i used a ram stick from another PC , with no sucess , so i guess we can assume the RAMS OK!

In Minidump 062808-01:
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, b26e401, b9531ce0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiFastCallEntry+fc )
Process Name: winlogon.exe

In Minidump 062908-01:
BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!CmpCreatePerfKeys+17d )

In Minidump 063008-01:
BugCheck 10000050, {f40e7843, 8, f40e7843, 2}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiFastCallEntry+fc )

In Minidump 063008-02:
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8056110b, b77bfce4, 0}
Probably caused by : NDIS.sys ( NDIS!___PchSym_+c )

In Minidump 070108-01:
BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : NDIS.sys ( NDIS!___PchSym_+c )

Both are Windows drivers the first is used for processing essential applications the second is used to control hardware. I don't know how to fix this all i know is that the first file has been know to be hidden as a virus sometimes. And the other as Malware, also it is possible to disable it in Services on the Control Panel so check it isn't disabled.
Check for those i mentioned you could also try a repair install with your OS disk because they are Windows Drivers

After some research i've found out that the NDIS.sys is to do with your Network Card or Drivers.
When some errors occurred did you happen to be on the Internet or Sending a Email?
Also the ntkrpamp.exe is normally found to be Faulty RAM so even though you said you tried other RAM don't rule it out yet.
And just try using the Repair Install on your OS disk and post back after you have done it..

first of all thanks alot for your help.. :)

1)the BSOD comes only when i switch on a certain game ...only one of them (till now) none of them has occurred while using the internet.

2)I have formatted my hard drive thrice and Im going to do it again today with all the latest updated drivers , so i guess the we can rule out the malware and virus option too?

3)I have Used memtest86 had it running , use a new working ram which is in my other PC ...but no help! , just wanted to know why do you think that the ram could be faulty.
my network card is built in..just to let you know

will update you if i get any sucess.

Thank you again.

Yep if you format and install again it will rule out the virus/malware options also it would create those drivers again.
Even though the RAM may pass the Memtest it can still be faulty theres a guide or thread somewhere on here about memtest i think.
Here's the link
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html
Also what game is causing the crashes.

Counter-Strike Condition zero , well before even warcraft 3 was crashing and so was Grid , but formatting and reinstalling windows fixed the problem , but not Counter-strike.

Just to inform you condition zero did work for sometime in the middle , it was working for sometime, and then it started showing BSODs.

I would never have thought of scanning , if this works ill be E-transferring a million dollars to your account :p

Well wasn't that just a stab in the dark lol. I only guessed at that because one of my comp games execute file had been seen in virus scan. Also the million dollars would be very welcome but could you make it 2 mil because when it changed to British pounds it will only be 500,000 lol:). Hopefully that might be the problem and you won't have to format the HDD again

ill be soon formatting my pc within and hour or so..ill soon update you then ...seriously thank you :D

well im living in the middle east ill have to send you 3.5 mil dhs , i need to dream about that much of cash first:p..

..anyway thanks alot for the help will update :)

Hello there, let us see if we can work on this pretty common error....

Chances are you are using a game with high frame rate

This issue has been known to occur on many games including

World of Warcraft
Oblivion
Guild Wars

and many other high threshold games

This is caused by one of two problems

1. Faulty RAM or DIMM slots

Using the fact you have physically swapped memory between machines we can probably rule out RAM

That leaves us with

2. Graphics card / drivers

Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date, that you are using the most recent version of Direct X and that your BIOS power settings match that of the manufacture specification that came with your VGA card.

(1000008e)

This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem.

Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.

Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG.

This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...

If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening.
Arguments:

Arg1: c0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: bf816599, The address that the exception occurred at |Arg3: b30d2b50, Trap Frame
Arg4: 00000000

If you can relay me a debug dump I can probably notify you with a fix

ntkrpamp.exe

Multiprocessor x86 architecture systems with PAE support.

This is due to mal-syncronisation with HAL

Please refer to

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms792430.aspx

You will need to add to that a http

Cannot post links yet as my post count is less than 5

You may need to make a few registry tweaks to resolve your problem 100%

The other option is use a different VGA card that is FULLY compatible with your systems

I hope this sheds some light on your problem

hey skaas thanks alot for helping , but i guess my problem is solved :)

i had a virus in my pc...i know its really dumb of me of not to cehck for viruses , so the virus was the problem.

Thank you anyways.

Hi this is kingsley from zambia.Just want to say hello to everyone. am new in the system and hope we will more from each other.

Ok guys i have formatted my Computer , its working like a charm no more BSODs , i got rid of the virus :D

Thank you all once again ...:)

have a good day.

You're welcome although before you say your computers alright again continue to use it as normal for a week then you know it's good again :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back