Blue Screen of Death RE: Drivers, Page Faults -- Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys --

I've been getting a lot of that blue screen of death deal everybody keeps talking about. I have an HP Media Center PC, and Windows Vista. It's a personal computer, and just about every day my computer will completely freeze and stop running. The tower is silent. Then, other times I will get a blue screen that says it's doing a memory dump? Or mini dump? One of them said PAGE_FAULT_FOUND_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0X00000050. It recommended that I remove recently added software and hardware. I haven't added any new software, and the last hardware I hooked up was my buddy's external hard drive, but I unplugged it a few days ago. I also got an error message at start up saying my internal fan had stopped working, but I restarted the computer and everything is fine now in that area.

How do I stop the random freezes and blue screens? Any suggestions?

The date on the third minidump is wrong because I reinstalled windows and the calendar was reset, it is recent as well.

Edit : Just noticed that there is a separate forum for BSoD threads, hidden within the Windows forum. Sorry about that, somebody can move this if they so wish. :)

Two 0x8E errors: These are almost always caused by hardware and are a strong indicator of corrupted memory.
(on this error, see comments by Route44 in other threads)
One 0x50 error: Also points at memory.

The first thing to do is run Memtest on your memory to see if it is bad.
Start HERE... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html
See reply #21 by kimsland for some visual instruction.

You may want to start by removing all but one stick of ram, in order to isolate the issue.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; There are 8 individual tests per pass, each of increasing complexity. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day. If you start getting errors you know that stick is corrupted and you may exit the test and swap to the next stick of memory.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Thanks B00kWyrm! I'll be sure to run this test ASAP. I don't have much experience with computers, so taking it apart and testing each 'stick of RAM' will be a little challenging, but nothing more than I'm capable of doing myself I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back