TechSpot

Blue screen of death (STOP 0x0000008e) on windows xp mce reinstall

By nicku
May 3, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Past week my pc has decided it wants to break. Problem started where at the windows loading screen it would get stuck, after a few restarts i loaded the pc up in safe mode and edited the boot config to disable the windows graphic to see what was going on when windows was loading up. Not one driver was being loaded up in normal mode, whereas in safe mode all the basic drivers were being started. I guessed it was a problem with my boot config but it was fine and so ive chosen to reinstall windows.

Whenever i boot up from my windows xp mce cds i can get past the eula and to the screen to choose options for install/quit etc. but whenever i press any key i get the error:
    STOP 0x0000008e

I have two 512mb nanya ram which ive tried in every single combination but to only get the stop error every time.

Now i cant even load up in safe mode or normal mode as i get the error if i try to boot up of:
    NTLRD is missing
    Press ctrl+alt+del to restart.

Any help would be great,

thanks

2. kaliwal

kaliwal TS Rookie

3. nicku

nicku TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks kaliwal, but im using windows media center edition. Does that article still work for mce as in the article

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.