TechSpot

Blue screen of death - whats the problem

By Saurav
Jul 17, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I got the blue screen of death in my 6 month old machine. This is the first time, it has happened on this machine

Configuration: ASUS M2N MX SE; AMD 4000 1 GB Ram

Error:
    Event ID 1003; Category 102
    Error code 00000044, parameter1 8492db88, parameter2 00000d62, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000

The minidump has been attached

Kindly help in locating the problem
  2. woody1191

woody1191 Newcomer, in training Posts: 638

The error is 0x44 and was caused by "USBPORT.SYS". 0x44 errors are caused by Hardware Driver Issues in this case your USB ports. On the Microsoft website it tells you to get the latest Service Pack update - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930570&sd=RMVP
    If you do have Vista then get all the latest updates for your system.
  3. Saurav

Saurav Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks very much for the diagnosis.....The USB Driver for the modem is behaving very wierding and crashing constantly..I have win XP....
  4. woody1191

woody1191 Newcomer, in training Posts: 638

Ok try updating your USB Drivers if possible in Device Manager. If this doesn't work then get the original Drivers CD which might have been supplied when you bought the system.
    If you haven't already
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.