TechSpot

Blue screen of death :(

By verilath
Mar 12, 2008
  1. i am experiancing a problem where my pc randomlly wil reboot and give me a blue screen error msg "ntfs.sys error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" any help would be appreciated. i know u wil prob. want a file data dump... if so, can u tell me how to go about uploading this info. ~thx

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Read this first and let us know what steps you took. Your particular error can be caused by both hardware and software issues, particulary RAM, but other reasons can exist as well.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

3. verilath

verilath TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have taken the system apart and cleaned out all the ram slots and switched them arround, however it is ahrd to tell by trial and error what works and what does not because this error does not appear on every system startup. its totally random while using my pc and will just all of the sudden sometimes (1-2 times a day) restart. i have also checked my ststem for overheating as well with several motherboard manager temp regulators etc.

4. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

You do have signs of a RAM problem. You can try running Memtest, or you can try running with only one stick of RAM at a time.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.