Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I having some bad days with my XP OS

I have been getting the BSoDeath several times in the last 2 days. I do not know how to read this file dump can someone help me out?

I get it when I running Avid and 3Dmax or 2 other mem hogs, but it has happen whenn running Lotus Notes.

Your error is 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and is defined as when a kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues which sometimes means a driver issue.

The driver cited is eamon.sys which is part of the NOD32 antivirus software.

1. What version are you using? Their newer 3.0 has had issues especially when it first came out but they have been working on it. I run the 2.7 and that is very stable.

2. However, 8E errors are usually hardware issues and since you are getting so many BSODs (it would halp if you could attach the most recent 5) I suggest running MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes.

* It would really be helpful if you could put your system specs in your oprofile.

* Also, head over to www.wilderssecurityfroums.com -- the official Eset forums -- and tell them of your BSODs with eamon.sys. They are very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back