Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

duane007

When I try to switch on my desktop computer a blue screen comes up and says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the 1st time you hav seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If it appears again follow these steps.

disable, or uninstall any anti virus, disk deframentation, backup utilities and check your hard drive config and check for any updated drivers.

Run chk-dsk /f to check for hard drive corruption.

it tells me to do all that but i cant seem to access anything but the blue screen error. ive tryed restarting many times.

also this comes up at the bottom

***stop*** 0x00190203, 0x2388820, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000

Thnx pls reply soon!

Very likely that your hard drive has failed permanently... How old is it.

Those codes are merely the memory dump resulting from the failure.

Try cold booting in SAFE MODE. If it boots up, it will take a while.
But when it comes up, go to Start-> Run-> then chk-dsk /f

Looks like it might be hard drive failure and/or another component. Only way to find out is to troubleshoot and switch parts around, but I don't imagine you have a spare hard drive around?

im not sure what does it look like and does it come with the computer or you buy separate.

if not could i buy from a local pc shop

All PC components can be bought seperate, when you buy a store PC, you're only paying for them to buy the parts for you and build it for you basically. You can pick up a new hard drive from any local pc store, how ever you will need to install it and remove the old one, if you aren't comfortable with that you can have the PC store techs handle this no doubt. Just mention you think it is hard drive failure.

For now though to change the boot order, when the computer first starts up and displays the motherboard screen/info stuff, hold down DEL to enter the BIOS (a blue background screen with white text options generally). Once in there, you need to look under a Boot option for Boot Device Priority.

Set the first priority to CD-ROM and then press F10 to save settings and reboot. This will allow your system the option of checking the CD drive to boot from instead of bypassing this and going directly into Windows.

You will then see a option saying something along the lines of, press enter to boot from cd/dvd now.

Hope this helps. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back