Blue screen of death

stevearno

using windows 7 ultimate

my sister brought down her PC a few months back ..... it was shutting down ....randomly

( turned out it was over heating ,and cutting out due to having 50ft of fungi growing from the heatsink fan )

when I took the fan out to look at it .... I damaged the pins on the CPU .... I replaced from a 6 core to 4 core ... of course checking the board was compatible with the new CPU ( it was ...have told you just incase this is part of the problem )

I gave her the PC back ... and it appeared in my house again this morning with a note about the screen of death

I switched it on earlier to look at the error messages ( as follows ) ...desktop did appear , but shut down happened and also I think 'chkski screen '... it then booted into safe mode automatically... so I shut down

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF8A10094D690
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF80002EB1F00
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\020413-24187-01.dmp
C:\Users\patrica\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40703-0.sysdata.xml

then I done some researching using our friend 'GOOGLE' ...... to see what the issue was .... but when I have gone to turn it on again , it will not boot to desktop or will it go into safe mode .....

it asks me to REPAIR using installation disk , but when I put the disk in ... and clicked enter to continue .... nothing happens and the circle of screens , continuously taking round in a loop ...to the repair screen again...

I then went to boot menu , and booted straight from drive ...... LOADING windows files ( from install disc ) ...bar appeared on bottom as if new installation

then I get another blue screen asking me to boot in safe mode , which I can't do

file error on this blue screen is CLFS.SYS

I am going to check on the hardware , as I had to pull it all out ( 2 months previously ) ...just to see what the mother board was .....

I initially thought it was hardware ( reason for long winded story at the beginning ) ....... but I think it is a software issue now , ....

so in summary ....

how do I install windows again if it won't let me or will it let me into safe mode .... I can get into boot,bios etc etc

also is there anyway of backing up the WORK files on her PC( there important ) .... without having to take the hard drive out , and put in my PC ..... to import the files on to one of my hard drives

thanks in advance , and if you need anything else ..please advise ( please note I can't get into the PC anymore )

steven

"also is there anyway of backing up the WORK files on her PC( there important ) .... without having to take the hard drive out , and put in my PC ..... to import the files on to one of my hard drives"...
In this case, no... Seems like a hardware issue to me, if you can't start a Windows re-install normally. It may be a bad optical drive issue

thanks
Tmagic650

for the reply ....

I managed after leaving it for a while ... to boot from installation CD .... by managing this time to get into the boot screen

I think what happened was there was a memory dump , which dumped files needed to boot windows , it also appears that AMD drivers were lost as well..... giving the illusion of software issue .. when it is probably hardware..( after fresh install )

I think the hard drive is on the way out ( or maybe a slim possibility RAM ...)

windows is installed and the PC is accessible .....

I manged to get important files on to a few USB keys , after firstly using the repair option for windows , to boot windows using the hard drive to get at the files

I think the PC will run for another month before the HD needs to be replaced ( from past experience )

Back