Blue Screen on 0x0000008E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, when i playing the online game of "NeoSteam Online" a blue screen with stop message appeared as 0x0000008E (0x80000004, 0x806EBA59, 0xBACD3CA4, 0x00000000) many times, what should i do to solve this problems? i attached the minidump files, thanks all

Both MiniDumps cite 0x8E errors and the cause seems to be a Intel Processor Driver "intelppm.sys". There seems to be a few causes for this.

Do you run Virtual PC or anything similar?
The reason I ask this is because if you search for that Driver on Google it turns up a lot of Errors and People using Virtual PC and similar things, if you do use something like this then Google maybe the best place to go.

If not then try Prime95 to check the CPU is working alright.
Prime95
32bit OS Version - http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103
64bit OS Version - http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205

And post back after you have done this.

thanks for woody1191, i didn't run Virtual PC but when i disable the cpu configuration of "Intel Virtualization Tech" inside the bios setting, its become more stable but in default setting is "enabled", did i need to changed it?

I don't think you would have to disable it, try running Prime95 which i linked above to make sure nothing is wrong because you shouldn't have to disable settings for the CPU to make the comp run.

Well that makes the CPU clear, have you had anymore BSOD or crashes since you disabled that feature on your CPU.

If you haven't then that is 1 odd error, i haven't got anymore advice if it is working now you have disabled that feature because i haven't got a clue why disabling that would stop the BSOD's.

thanks woody1191, up to now only this BSOD appear each times when i starting playing "NeoSteam Online"

So they are still occurring now even though you disabled the CPU feature?
Is it installed as a program which you connect to a server with to play the game?

Try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back