Blue screen on Dell desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading the threads on this site and people talk about booting the system or downloading from other sites. What if you can not even get into your PC. The Blue Scrren comes up and I casn not do anything but shut the computer off and turn it back on.

I have a Dell Dimension 4700

What do I do? The message I get is:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

STOP: 0x000000ED (0x81D5AB30, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any help would be great.

Do you think I need a new Hard Drive?

Nope.. But what you need to do is go to the recovery console and type in chkdsk c: /r after you log in... With a regular XP disk you can log in to the \MiniNT login to do this.

Thanks

How do I get to the recovery panel? I am not the best computer person in the world. But thanks for the information so far.

Get a Windows XP disk. Boot off the CD. It will come to a menu with three choices. The second one is to go to the Recovery Console.

Thanks Adweston I will try that and get back to you. You have been a great help. Hope you are able to reply back when I send another message.

Thanks again

for me when i do windows recov i have to change boot setting to my cd drive first then reboot and put the Xp cd in and let it load and go to recov console and put chkdsk c: /r as Adweston sed dont worry if it goes from 75% to 50% its all good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back