Blue screen on start up and randomly when using my computer

Samushi

I have Windows Vista home premium. About 70% of the time when I restart my computer for any reason at all, I get a blue screen. Also when im randomly using it, it will pop up. This is what my computer gives me about my problem.

BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 82E5D588
BCP3: 89757B94
BCP4: 89757890
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini070311-01.dmp
C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65458-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9961.tmp.version.txt

Can you please look into C:\windows\minidump folder, and zip the latest five dumps into a single file, then attach it with your next post?

Samushi, what is your system's complete specifications? Including OS.

Are you overclocking this system by any chance?

I have had a brief look at your dumps, and one of them had BC 101, which as far as I can remember was related to erratum on some Intel processors.

Model: a6200n
Processor: AMD Athlon 62 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
Ram: 2GB
Video card: NVIDIA geForce 6150SE nForce 430.. I had a GeForce 9300GT for awhile. I dont know if you needed to know or not

as for overclocking. no I am not

Well three of the dumps cites OS components (e.g. ntkrnlpa.exe) with 0x7E code, and 0xC5 parameter, this means that some memory access violation has occurred.

It could be problem with memory itself, and any 3rd party driver, e.g. Video/or Sound etc.

When you changed your video card, did you properly uninstalled the display drivers and changed the video card, and the install the latest WHQL drivers?

If not, it would be reasonable idea to look in to this issue. Also you may stress test you memory by running memtest for 10-12 passes (it will take long time to do so by the way) and see whether that comes up with any errors.

Please do keep us updated about your progress, regards.

Before I got my 9300GT video card the 6150SE was built into the motherboard so I didnt have to install it or anything. I should have told you before in the other post.

I had to take out the 9300GT video card after 3 years of using it, it burnt out on me. So I took it out and switched back to my on board video card. This was about 6-8 months ago I think. I didnt have any problems until 2-3 weeks ago.

Its not a every time thing now though. I dont get the bluescreen on start up anymore. This has been going on for about a week I think.

As for bluescreen when im using my computer. Only when im playing a game I have or installing something. Anything that uses some CPU usage.

Do you think maybe it could be the CPU or something?

I am not sure at this moment, TBH sometimes this could be very difficult / tedious to solve this error. But anyway, you haven't replied with regard to driver uninstallation/installation of your graphic card swapping.

Also please do run memtest, as I suggested earlier. I think if we are able to rules these suspects out then we can look at other possibilities.

Lastly, I'll advise you to have a close look at your system's event viewer logs (Control Panel > System and Security > Admin Tools), in system logs look at Yellow / Red tagged events. They may be able to provide us with some clues.

Back