Blue Screen Page Fault in non Paged Area Installing from 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I decided to reformate my HD from 0 Because of bluescreen errors, I have a P4VM800 Board with 512MB DDR 333 ram and a P4 1.7 CPU, the thing is that when I try to install XP SP 2 with a new reformatted HD the installer is giving me a bluescreen.

The reasin to reinstall were to get rid of the bluescreen.
I was getting random restars and windowws has recovered from a serious error messages... but after a day I could not make the computer start without a blue screen.

I have changed the memory module for a new one and have removed the wireless card and modem so the only thing conected to the board are the CPU and HD and CDRom. CPU Fan is clean and working perfect.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Julio.

:) Well initiative is always wonderful, but that's not what I was implying. With all of the BIOS versions in the world, how would I know where your cache options are tucked away? What is your motherboard or PC brand/model?

Wow, :D you took that to heart. That's one of the only times I've ever seen anyone post a link to their motherboard manual. I'll skim through it really quick and see if I can find it, but really, there are only so many pages in your BIOS, the option just might not be there.

lol, I really apreciate you take time to help me... this is amazing that you can find people like you, I will try to stick to this forum too and help other people. thank you Zenosinks.

Heh, I'm nothing unique, you're more than welcome :).

I didn't see anything in the manual, which is unfortunate for you :(.

Are you using the integrated VPU or do you have another installed?

Don't be sorry, I was referring to your video card, are you using one that plugs into an expansion slot or are you using the one that is integrated?

Okay, well, that should share system RAM then and is likely not the culprit if you've already replace the RAM - although you can still try another video card if you care to.

Despite the fact that you have replaced your RAM, you should consider running Memtest86 for 7 passes (which will take quite a while, let it run overnight or something).

If your RAM passes, try temporarily replacing your CPU being that you can't disable the cache.

:( I am kinda stuck trying to diagnose.. I guess I will tell to my friend that it is better to buy a new motherboard and CPU... i dont have another CPU to test the MoBoard nor Another MoBoard to test the CPU :( I apreciate a lot the time and help that you provide me. Bless you...if I get to find the fault I will let you know. Thank you again.

Julio

I decided to change the motherboard and the CPU, when I removed the Motherboard it was like bend, so I think there could be any problem with the board itself or with the cache memory of the CPU. So my problem is fixed now witht he new ones. Thank you very much for your help Zenosincks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back