Blue screen problem please read minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I having a kernel data incoming error 0x077. I've have tried all the "read before posting minidump" troubleshoots and it is still crashing. I can't run an antivirus program because it crashes a 10 minutes into the search. Please help.

Four of your five minidumps cite memory corruption. I understand the crashing 5-10 minutes once you boot up because its happened to me by the very same reanson.

So...

Run memtest on your RAM:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (unless you get errors sooner, then go to step 6). There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test.

Thank you for the fast reply and help. I ran the test 7 times and didn't get an error, I already order memory (needed to upgrade anyway), Is there anything else that it could be? I'm going to run memtest tonight and see if anything comes up.

Thank you for the fast reply and help. I ran the test 7 times and didn't get an error, I already order memory (needed to upgrade anyway), Is there anything else that it could be? I'm going to run memtest tonight and see if anything comes up.

Hmmm, that is strange. Bad memory has been known to pass this test on occasion. Give us your system specs particularly your motherboard.

Gateway P-6822
Chipset- Intel GM965
Southbridge- Intel 82801HBM (IcH8-ME)
LPCIO_ NS

Also I notice when I run a virus scan it freezes and crashes on Windows/system32\diverstore\filerepository\NV_GW...\NVAPI.dll

Okay, I looked at your dumps again and two of the errors are 0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

Both cited memory corruption but I would definitly do these diagnostic steps:

1. Run a full harddrive diagnostics. Harddrive manufacturers provide a free utility for this. Find out what harddrive Gateway installed. Seagate's Sea Tools will diagnose many different brands. If you use their's make sure you run the Long DST -- and this will take time but well worth it.

2. Run ChkDsk

3. Scan for viruses, etc. but only after you do the above. Try running some good online scans; you may be able to avoid the freeze you are experiencing. NOD32 and BitDefender online scanners I've used to diagnose people's computers. They are free and quite good as well as safe. You must let them download the ActiveX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back