Blue screen problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestaz

help please:confused: i built my own pc with help from an expert so he said, but when i sarted playing dvd rom games like lma manager for some reason my pc would crash and i got the dreaded blue dumping files screen, ive got various error reports such as driver_irql_not_less_or_equal alcxwdm.sys address b9addc0f9 datestamp 47984de5? also nv4_disp_dll bfbf5b7b bf9d5000 datestamp 47567aa4 if this means anything to you pls help sometimes the pc just crashes and restarts itself or the blue screen stays on untill i reboot the pc, im also having a problem with windows messenger my little yellow in box envelopes are in the middle of the screen instead of at the begining? i cant e mail on windows either it wont let me type? ive uninstalled and downloaded again but its just the same, please anyone stop my pc from crashing and make me :grinthumb again

alcxwdm.sys is a RealTech audio driver.

nV4_disp.dll is an Nvidia graphics driver.

* I strongly suggest you go to the Windows forums here at TechSpot and read the sticky "Before posting your minidumps..." by Julio and follow that advice.

Hi i done the chkdisc scan after cleaning the dust away, but after ages of waiting and as far as i could tell my scan was ok but as the details at the end came up i was not quick enough to read the outcome in order to make sure there were no faults. would it have told me of any problems before restarting?

Yeah, that is the problem with ChkDsk. It will tell you as it is working if it is recovering lost files, but I only found that to be the case in Step 2.

Continue on to the next thing that they recommend.

Your first dump was error 0xD1 and it cited alcxwdm.sys whcih is a RealTech audio driver.

#2 is 0x50 - Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

#3 is 0x7F - One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

# 4 is 0x8E - These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

#5 is 0x7F

#s 2, 3, and 5 list Windows core drivers which are not definitive enough for help.

#4 cites hardware issue.

However, there is strong indication it is your memory that could be the issue. The sticky I directed to you in an earlier reply recommends going to www.memtest.org and utilizing this free test on your RAM

Run it foor a minimum of 7 passes. This takes a lot of time but well worth it. Let us know if you get any errors.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my pc has now been to about 6 pc experts and still no good!! ive had all my motherboard, graffics, memory cards etc checked but no fault! i wondered if my power pack could be the cause or if its the diff makes of software i have are not compatable with each other? if so how can i find out what it is? please help! Thanks

You need to list for us everything they attempted to rectify your problem(s). It could be your power supply. What make and model is it?

Did they run a full harddrive diagnostics?

Did they scan for infections?

They just told me that they had checked all my hardware etc and no faults could be found! ive been told that my power supply wouldnt be the problem its a HIPER power low noise HPU-4M530-PK 200-240v pci express but notice that my graffics card is higher than that output but it has been crashing ever since i got the pc and only upgraded the graffics card to play better games on it! but i cant do anything with it at the moment! ie also looked into a virus that i might have called a rustock virus i did have norton on my pc but took it off as i didnt rate it that well could this be the problem?im not sure if they scanned for infections but i do a scan nearly everyday and very rarely find any! but do get a few malware every so often ive piad more getting this pc up and running than i did to buy it i could have brought 2 brand new ones for the money ive spent but my stubborness not to be beaten is costing me a fortune!!! i may have to accept defeat soon!

If i do get a new power supply im not sure what to get! ive seen a cheap hiper HPU-4M780-PE but not sure if this is ok for my system? but for the price i do hope that is solves the problem!!!!!!!!! i just simply cant afford to buy anthing else! i can buy a new pc for just over double that price

well i seen a cheap on for £80 but i notice they are about £100-140 but if its not the problem its a waste of money

well i seen a cheap on for £80 but i notice they are about £100-140 but if its not the problem its a waste of money

Exactly. I am wondering if it isn't your motherboard giving you these issues. I know they tested it but ECS doesn't have the best reputation.

How can i test my motherboard then b4 i go out and get a new power supply? very simple english pls as im not very good with computers!!! and im keen to learn so this is all mind blowing stuff but you learn better being chucked in the deep end eh!!

My best advice at this point is to go to the CPUs, Chipsets, and Mobos forum here and tell them a brief history of what you have gone through including your visits to the tech shops as well as what your minidumps reports, type of errors and how many.

They may be able to tell you what steps are needed to test your motherboard.

Give them the make and model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back