Blue screen problems

By lotus1000
Dec 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I really know very little about the inner workings of my computer, but I will give all the information that I have. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

New Install of Windows Vista Home Premium legit copy (slicked C:\).

RAM1: Corsair 2 Gb X 1 GB PDR2 SLIDHXEPP XMS2 6400 800

MOBO: ASUS P5N-EM HDMI, LGA 775 DDR MB, new replaced recently

Chip: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.5 3Ghz CPU SLAVN

New Power Supply

I have cleaned out the dust, and ram was tested when the Motherboard and power supply were replaced about three weeks ago.

What I have noticed is that it only crashes when I am in Facebook (hmmmm)... Sometimes I am on FB for 15 minutes before it crashes, and sometimes as soon as I go in there especially when I am playing Words with Friends. I have attached a picture of the blue screen.

The error message I get is this:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 00000020
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 8C4CF755
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

I hope this is enough information. This a home built machine, and I have never received any blue screens before we loaded the Vista Home Premium. I have not checked drivers because I am not sure how to do that, and I have not checked for updates to Vista, but I think that was done on installation.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

"I have not checked for updates to Vista, but I think that was done on installation"...

Just to be sure, select Windows Update from the start menu and keep checking for updates, at least 1 time after you see "no more updates found"... Was XP loaded on this computer before Vista? You might try downloading and running this temp file cleaner:
  3. lotus1000

lotus1000 TS Rookie Topic Starter

My Blue Screen Problem

I ran the file cleaner (XP was on my computer before Vista), and I ran the updates, also updated driver for NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller.

So far it has not crashed. I will let you know if it does. Thank you for your help.