Blue Screen Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!

My name is Glynn, and I'm new to this board. Before I get started, I'd like to thank you all in advance for any help that you can offer.

I've got a Sony vaio laptop with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.0 GHz 2.0 GHz
2.0 Gb RAM
32 bit OS
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

I am getting the following blue screen error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 0000001B
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 81EC7C1A
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I was hoping someone could help me identify (and potentially fix) the problem. My first instincts tell me RAM problems or hardware issues. I can provide more information if needed, and I'm not sure if the numbers change or not, but I can let you know. Thanks again!

Glynn C.

0xA errors are strong indicators of hardware issues or they can be caused by drivers attempting to access an IRQ Level it has no business doing.

We don't have enough information to give a definitive answer so run Memtest on your memory.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back